“Lovely get away”

Cape Cod Ocean Manor
Ranked #1 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed there two nights last week. Very nice location, comfy rooms, friendly owner, and tea and cookies in the hall! What more could one want? 5 min walk to the beach. Short drive to Main Street.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank JustinDavidG
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

A quaint house nestled in Hyannis, exactly what I was looking for when I thought of visiting Cape Cod. Martin the host was very hospitable and welcoming and helped us with directions to the closest spots to sight-see and route information. I loved the decor of Ocean Manor, gave me a home like feeling and I would love to go back again. Would recommend absolutely.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank C K
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I had not been to the Cape Cod Ocean Manor in some time. I had a chance to stay there a couple of weeks ago and had such a nice stay. My room was nicely set up, quiet, comfortable, and immaculate.

The innkeeper, Martin, was very friendly and so helpful in recommending places to visit.

I'm not sure when, but I'll definitely stay there next time I go to The Cape.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I cannot believe that ANYONE could possibly find this warm, charming, clean, relaxing and peaceful B&B in a bad light. Martin, the innkeeper, was wonderful to us newlyweds, took special care of us, and definitely went the "extra-mile" to make sure our honeymoon was a most enjoyable and memorable experience. Our room was perfect - plenty large, amenities, beautiful views, immaculately clean and very good air. I would highly recommend the Cape Cod Ocean Manor (and already have) to anyone. As far as that one bad review... I guess no matter how hard one tried, you can't please everyone! Dr. James A. Eckert

Room Tip: Every room has it's own special character as it is obvious that Martin has meticulously "th...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2011

This is the worst place I have ever stayed at. The room was so smelly as though there had been mold growing for years. I could hardly get any sleep since my nose kept running from the bad air. The room did not have a deadbolt, a real necessity in a hotel room nowadays. The place was rundown and very cramped. It just had a stairwell in the middle with a few rooms off the stairwell on each of the two floors. I think even the innkeeper doesn’t stay there. Just leaves a room key for a person to pick up.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marigold66
pookiepuff1, Owner at Cape Cod Ocean Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

We appreciate the reviews submitted by our guests on this site however, we think this review requires clarity and correction. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and hospitality of our bed and breakfast. The guest had a late night check in of an unknown time so for her convenience we made her key accessible for a seamless check-in. Most of our guests don’t complain about this service and they have always thanked us for being able to go straight in to their room after a long trip. As can be seen from a plethora of reviews, catering to our guests is always a top priority. The rooms are cleaned and inspected on a regular basis so the accusation of mold is completely baseless. All of our rooms have locks and chain deadbolts and apparently this was accidentally overlooked by the guest. When the guest expressed her disappointment we gave her a generous discount because we always do our best to assuage any source of conflict, regardless of fault. This is our home that we live in all year and we have the B&B because we love our guests. We have guests from all over the world who have stayed in five-star hotels who love our B&B and are always thanking us for making them feel like they are home.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
1.0 km away
2.7 km away
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Cod Ocean Manor? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK