“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Recommended to us by the host of our previous hotel. Welcomed by Martin the owner who was extremely friendly and knowledgeable of Cape Cod. Felt at home. Room very large with enormous comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast with good choice of cereals, toast, fruit and warm homemade cranberry muffins. Enjoyed our stay. Beach just across the road.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

We had an enjoyable stay at Cape Cod Ocean Manor! The muffins and fruit for breakfast were nice. Restaurants/Ferries were just a short walk and the beach was just down the street.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenna m
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

We arrived at the B&B in the storm after a few hours of driving. Martin, the owner, quickly greeted us and showed us to our cute and spacious room. He thoughtfully pulled out maps and suggested places to eat for dinner that night, as well as towns to explore on the Cape. We ended up staying there for two nights because of the warm atmosphere and the nice accommodations for an affordable price. We were very happy with our stay! Also, Martin is so fun to talk to-- ask him about bikram yoga and his band! =)

• Stayed September 2011
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

My friend and I made a little road trip to and all over Cape Cod. We stayed at the Ocean Manor on our first night and the reception was very good. The very kind owner and manager Martin gave us a lovely spacious and fully equipped room. Everything was clean and neat and there was even a cute little balcony. Martin provided us with directions and advice on where to go and gave us very nice breakfast with home made muffins. There was a nice homely atmosphere - Martin takes the time to make his guests feel welcome and showed us some warm Irish hospitality. Our experience was so good that we decided to extend our stay there with another night and we are happy we did.
The location is a good base to explore the Cape and near a marina in a bay.
We highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We were in the room above the common room and liked it very much
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
new york, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

We enjoyed our 3-night stay at the CC Ocean Manor - Martin is a pleasure and goes out of his way to show you around and suggest places to visit, dine etc. We had told him we were in Hyannis to celebrate my father-in-law's 80th birthday and the next morning, Martin gave my FIL a small gift for his birthday - very sweet and thoughtful!

The inn is clean and quaint, very New England-y decor. Our kind size bed was very comfortable - Having an a/c was great, albeit it was a bit on the noisy side. Also, I wish they would put a box of tissues in each room, and provide towels that are a bit larger - I am not a big person and I couldnt wrap the towel around me after coming out of the shower. The plumbing at alot of these older B&Bs is old so our bathtup easily backed up while showering due to the tiny drain - The wall to wall carpeting, although cozy, was not ideal to me; I would prefer wood floors with area rugs due to my allergies, and the fact that there is always alot of moisture in the air at the Cape, esp near the water where this B&B is...

The continental breakfast served was standard fare - The fresh muffins each morning were excellent and I enjoyed the fresh fruit platter - I only wish they also offered at least some sort of protein at breakfast, maybe yogurt and/or hard boiled eggs - It was nice to sit on the back deck for breakfast, and to just relax and read a magazine.

We went to Alberto's in town one night for dinner - Food was excellent, a bit crazy during busy hours, but our waitress was pleasant and helpful - I had a delicious fresh fruit/ice cream dessert in a waffle bowl that was very tasty and refreshing! I also recommend the Raw Bar in town...excellent lobster roll - its $25 which seems like a lot, but its really has the meat of at least 2 standard rolls.....my MIL and I split one and each had a cup of NE Clam Chowder, a perfect light summer dinner! We went out to a late breakfast/brunch at The Original Gourmet Brunch place on Main St Hyannis - I loved the omelette, and my MIL loved their Brunch Supreme specialty dish -

Overall Martin is very sweet and friendly, just an all around decent guy, and his staff is pleasant and helpful - He hugged and kissed us all goodbye! I like that he leaves a hot water carafe out at all times if you want coffee/tea to take to your room - and a cookie jar, although it would be ideal if the cookie jar was filled with freshly homemade cookies instead of the store bought kind...but I am not complaining about the choc covered graham crackers which was just what I needed with my tea after the long drive to the Cape!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
1.5 km away
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,191 reviews
3.8 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis

Been to Cape Cod Ocean Manor? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK