“Fabulous Mexican Food in A No Frills Restaurant”
Review of Mi pueblo

Mi pueblo
Ranked #41 of 215 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Our party of four ventured to Hyannis for some Mexican food and to walk downtown main street of Hyannis, which has spruced up in recent years with more upscale restaurants with outside seating. Though Mi Pueblo is down a little side alley from Main Street, has limited seating (three booths, counter seating on stools, and one long table), and is a no frills dining experience (including food on paper plates), the food is fabulous!! The four of us all thoroughly enjoyed our meals which included shrimp tacos, chicken burrito, enchiladas suizas plate, and a combo of carnitas taco and al pastor taco. As we waited for our food, they brought us nice crispy, tasty chips and salsa. When our meals arrived, the food was absolutely delicious. My chicken burrito was nicely cooked and stuffed with tasty chicken, rice, beans, etc. It was large enough, that I took half of it home, and enjoyed it 2 days later.

It was reasonably priced; with tip and tax, we only spent we $60 on the four of us.

For Mexican food on the cape for lunch, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I enjoy supporting small businesses so I stopped in for lunch. I ordered the chicken burrito and the young lady taking my order repeated it. She Never said another word. Didn’t see a smile from her either.

But my lunch was delicious and lots of it. Not sure if I’d return though.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This place is very clean which is very important to me and the food was great. The only issue I had was the seats where uncomfortable but the food made up for it.....

Reviewed 29 October 2017

This small gem of a restaurant is off the beaten path. It's just down an alley off Main Street. The food tastes like authentic Mexican street food, very fresh and well prepared. The atmosphere is rustic, very casual, with bright colors and masks on the wall. We had both steak and chicken tacos and a side of beans cooked in a light sauce but with the taste of bacon and chorizo. For dessert we shared a wonder, rich flan. All these dishes were delicious. The service was fine.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Friday night takeout, still the best Mexican food around! Enchiladas Mole had a nice amount of heat and the fish taco was perfectly cooked. You can't miss with this place!