“Great coffee”

Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: MARK YOUR CALENDAR SEPTEMBER IS THE TIME WHEN WE TAKE OUR FALL BREAK TO CELEBRATE OUR SPECIAL FESTIVALS We will be closing on Friday September7th at 3:00 p.m. and will be re-opening Tuesday September 25th at 11:00 a.m.
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Great place for a latte or cappuccino. Nice and strong and really hot. Great selection of fresh baked muffins. Worth a visit just to look at the rescued beams and wood decor.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank HyannisFerryMan
Cape Cod T, Manager at Common Ground Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi Adrian! Alot of people seem to like the coffee. We don't have a ton of "fancy" options and flavors like some coffee shops might but we get quality beans from a local roaster and we do our best to keep everything fresh.
The muffins really are good arn't they?
Thanks for the nice review! :)

Reviewed 30 June 2018

Nice little cafe in heart of Hyannis. Good beverages and tasty food and friendly staff. Reasonably priced .Seating indoor and out. However, everything is served in plastic containers ie food and drink which is terrible for environment.

1  Thank Gary W

Hello Gary. Thank you for the review. We always appreciate feedback from our customers. We have been looking into various options for our to-go packaging for the very reason of cutting down on the plastic. Of coarse, anything served in house is served with ceramic, glass and silverware already.
Thank you for pointing this out and hopefully we come up with some solutions soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

The food is delicious, but the service is slow. Really cool atmosphere unless you know about the 12 tribes, yeshuas. This place is run by a cult that preys on people who feel lost, takes all of their money and possessions, and brainwashes their followers into a life of smoothie making servitude. Every female working there seems exhausted, drugged and vacant. They even have children working here, which is fine until you read into recent happenings of this cult and find that they are very strict, physically abusive, disallow the kids from play and make believe. Sure, the sandwiches are tasty but do you want to contribute to the degradation and conti of women and children???? I’m DISGUSTED that they are allowed to do business!

6  Thank Melanie1080
Cape Cod T, Manager at Common Ground Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Hello Melanie. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the food here at the Common ground Cafe. My guess from reading your comments is that you've actually never taken the time to get to know us and that you've only read things that others have said about us. All I can say is that you cannot believe everything that you see on the internet and in the main stream media these days ( if ever).

The cult label gets overused these days to target anything that people do not understand or agree with. Some of these rumors and misunderstandings ( and I've read them all ) have followed us for years and have been often started by other religions who disagree with what we believe. It is an unfortunate fact of history that intolerant Christianity has maligned and targeted ( at times even murdered by the 1000's) groups that don't agree with them for many generations. Our present day is no different.

"exhausted, drugged and vacant" ? You're talking about my sisters and my wife who work down there who I have lived with for 20 years now and I can honestly say that I have no idea where you are coming from. As far as children working at our Cafe; the only time we ever have children at our place is if they are out of school and they happen to come down to the cafe with their parents. We do no put them to work as if they are staff here or functioning in any role of responsibility. When I have one of my own children down here with me, of coarse I give them little jobs to do while they are with me and they love to help out. I don't suppose that you would rather we let them zone out on some iphone wasting their time with violent or foolish video games or roaming the streets smoking pot with their "friends"?

Anyway, if you ever took the time to get to know us you might be surprised at the kind, friendly, and open minded people you'd meet. Or you could just continue believing the slanderous reports about us. It's up to you.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We often have lunch at the Common Ground when we want to eat healthy. The salads and wraps are superb. The service is very good and the prices fair value

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Just fell upon this place why visiting the JFK museum . Had a fab salad and wrap. Interesting quirky interior.
Lovely staff and great service