“Not a bad hotel but not good either”

Heritage House Hotel
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We had 2 rooms for 3 nights in early Sept 2011. The front desk staff had a lot of difficulty understanding us when we needed to check-in and when we asked for extra pillows. The building our room was in did not have an elevator so we had to haul all our luggage (for an 11 day trip) up the stairs. The beds were very uncomfortable (cheap mattresses) and the rooms did have an odor. Although it wasn't a bad experience I think that we would choose a different hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

I was leary when I read a few negative reviews but it's true that you can't please everyone! The location, comfy quiet room in main bldg., great breakfasts, staff, pool etc. were great. Many Eastern European students work on Cape Cod for the summer and the insincere "Have a nice day!" is not part of their culture so don't judge them as being unfriendly. Traveled a lot in Europe and I prefer their more mature, genuine demeanor compared to the superficiality of many Americans. Easy walk to ferry to Nantucket and Marthas. Rode the convienent public buses there. Took the local buses to Provincetown(a full day trip) and see the cute towns, talk to locals on the bus and enjoy Providencetown-you don't need an expensive tour. Easy bus from Boston airport to Hyannis. I did all this at 72 alone-no problem.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We were very happy with this hotel, especially after reading some of the reviews. The room was clean. The staff were friendly. The breakfast buffet was very good every day we were there ... The location is within walking distance to excellent restaurants as well as shopping... There was also a pool, hot tub and exercise room. We would stay there again!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I was first directed to a room in another building where wifi wasn't and furniture and walls did not look good and then when I went into the main building and saw a room as my boyfriend was checking us in I aked if we could be relocated to the main building were wifi was available and they said yes. I am very happy with the room and the service I recieved. The main building is cleaner and more modern and up to date with its furnishings and service and yes I would stay here again and always ask for the main building!!

Room Tip: ask to look at your room before you sign!!!
1  Thank cadger68
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I was very happy with this hotel, especially after I read some of the reviews, but i have learned that some people are NEVER happy and I take all the ratings with a grain of salt.
The rooms were very clean and we had a handicap room for my mom and the bathroom
had 3 bars, one for the toilet and 2 for the tub so she had no problems. I stopped by and asked the desk clerks a couple of questions and was always treated promptly, professionally and politely. They even gave me menus for 2 pizza places that delivered. The hotel is located within walking distant to several nice restarants and stores. Even with a wheelchair we walked to 2 nearby restaurants. I used the hot tub and you did have to ask him to turn it
back on when it stopped, it was on a timer, but he immediately turned it back on. I wasn't looking for a friend at the pool, most pools are swim at your own risk anyway. I was on a bus tour, the restaurant was only open one evening with a limited menu, but that's because the chef quit the week before and they were looking for a new one. The breakfast buffet was hot and plentiful.

Room Tip: Good value, great location.
1  Thank catmomx2