“Lunch in Holyoke”
Review of El Rincon Boricua

El Rincon Boricua
Ranked #11 of 114 Restaurants in Holyoke
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

El Ribbon Boricua is a small but very good Puerto Rican restaurant but I Holyoke, Mass. We had excellent emanates to start and split the roasted pork special lunch plate. Both were great, highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Food was okay, the waitress was nervous whenever she talked to me and my niece but showed more interest to my boyfriend, who spoke Spanish. They spoke Spanish to each other, but when she came back to tell my niece that her chicken was going to take a while, she for one, did not know how to approach us and was hesitant to tell us until we asked if she meant that the chicken was going to take longer. She spoke perfect English so I didn’t see what the problem was.

Mofongo was too big for the entree. I’ll try again and see if another willing waitress who showed interest to all sorts of people.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I programmed my car GPS for a Polish meal, but this was the restaurant. Clearly, not Polish. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. There was a large number of Mexicans and people with South American heritage eating here, so you knew the food was authentic. I got their pork and yellow rice dish. The rice had some beans added. For desert I had the flan. Everything was wonderful and I'm glad I ate here.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had an afternoon without the kids. We took a drive and ended up in Holyoke. We stopped for a late lunch...and chose this place based solely on reviews.

Amazing food! I will deny it to my grave but the food was better than my mother-in-law makes....and she was born and raised on the island.

1  Thank Kerry T
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Great food, great service and great prices. What more could you want? Off the beaten track this restaurant is a great find for casual meals at an affordable price. A large menu offers dozens of choices. The server helped us navigate the menu, explaining what each item was, and how it is prepared. I suspect the locals know of El Rincon Boricua, but others in the valley should venture to Lyman Street to try it. Great for meals and carry out. Highly recommended. And we will be back.