“Delightful dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2019

We went here in the off season and very much enjoyed our meal. This was a recommendation from the inn where we were staying (people who know the area and know food). They offer a great value to off season guests. Our service was excellent. The restaurant was not loud. We really enjoyed our food.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

I have been enjoying this lovely gem for many years on my summer vacations to the Cape
The food is exceptional, the atmosphere charming, and the staff
attentive. What more could you want?

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 25 November 2018

My wife and I ate here while visiting the area for our anniversary. On this Thursday evening the restaurant was pretty quiet.

The hostess warmly greeted us at the door and gave us a nice seat by the table. The restaurant has lots of ambience. Our server was friendly and offered some good recommendations. I ate off the fixed price menu which in my opinion was a great option. The fixed price menu selections include some of the same selection as the main menu but just smaller portion size.

I selected the squash soup which was outstanding, a seafood melody in a pasta with cream sauce for my entrée and a hot chocolate cake for desert. All aspects of my meal was very good. The seafood dish provides one scallop, one shrimp and some lobster claw meat which I thought was a little skimpy. For me it was enough food but apparently much less than paying for the full priced meal. The server asked us if I wanted ice cream with my cake which I said yes but we were not told that it cost an additional $2.50. A little surprising for our anniversary. However our server did bring the cake with a lite candle and wished us happy anniversary.

My wife's sea scallop dish was a bit of a disappointed. This was a full price dinner. The number of scallops I recall at 4 or 5 but very inconsistent in size. In fact one scallop was about the size of a nickel and the others a size of a quarters. The meal comes with some pork fritters which were obviously over cooked/burnt. This was surprising especially when we previously indicated the restaurant was not busy. My wife mentioned it to the server and that was the end of that.

So with very mixed quality of food and no real apology for a subpar scallop dish, I doubt that we would return.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank RayV555
Reviewed 16 November 2018

Cape Sea Grille is a serious restaurant, not one of these pop-up hot spots. Local mussels were day fresh, the Caesar Salad classic with Italian white anchovies, very good. The day’s specials are a great recommendation. The preparation of our sirloin steak and the desserts, cheesecake and ice-cream, was very tasty. It is nice to visit a restaurant with table cloths and such a good service.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

We had a delicious dinner in a beautiful setting. A nice bar area at one end of the house, and a lovely dining area at the other end. The food and service were both excellent. A great choice for dinner in the spring or fall. At least for me, after a beach day in the summer I prefer dinner in shorts and a tee shirt, which would make me underdressed here. In the off season, this place is far less crowded and you can linger longer. They have a varied menu, and in the off season their 3 for $30 menu is available all evening on Wednesday through Friday, as opposed to just from 5:00 to 6:00 in the summer. Definitely one of the best choices for dinner in the area.

Date of visit: October 2018