“Very good restaurant in the area.”

Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 36
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2018

We have not been here in awhile. Food was good. Band was noisy in the summer time. Went with two couples.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 20 October 2018

All three of us ordered from the tapas menu. These are small plates, but many are large enough to be shared, which makes for a fun experience. Two per person is filling....but try more. The combination of ingredients is creative and delicious. The menu does change periodically; one of our favorites, the pork and French toast, was off the menu- but our server assured us it will come back. Speaking of our server, Cheryl- she was the perfect blend of professional and friendly. Prompt, efficient, knowledgeable, and warm. Recommended: the tuna tempura (yes!), the mussels dijonnaisse, steak and egg, and the creme brulee!! We will keep returning to Mooncusser's.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 22 September 2018

We were on the Cape for my wife's birthday weekend and I looked for highly-rated restaurants where to celebrate. Mooncussers is unassuming on the outside, and even the decor, belying how good the food is. We started with the Crispy Pork Belly Lettuce Wraps and Garlic Fries, both of which were great.

I had he Halibut, which was fresh and delicious. My wife and one of my sons had the Wild Atlantic Salmon which they both really enjoyed. Our other son had the Seafood Bouillabaisse which he thoroughly enjoyed.

Kerry, our waitress was great, friendly and knowledgable about the menu. Next time we're up on the Cape, we'll definitely be back.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I was meeting my dinner date for the first time in person and I arrived prior to him. The owner (and his wife, who are always there, are incredibly thoughtful and hospitable - lots of other restaurant owners could be taking lessons from this lovely couple) sat me at the bar, found my date then escorted us to a table in the dinining room. My drink, ordered while I was at the bar, appeared right away. We ordered our meal - he, a scallop special and I order a Vegetable Napolean. Both meals were delicious and well served. We then ordered espresso with Sambuca back and the waiter offered immediately to make mine caffeine-free - perfect! The owners stopped by our table again! Really, a nice evening with great food and lovely ambience! I will be back!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Mooncussers is a wonderful locally owned restaurant on Cape Cod. There were 10 of us celebrating a birthday. The ambience is upscale casual. The drinks were cool and soothing on a hot night. The food was served hot with a lovely presentation. I had a risotto crispy cake with a soft boiled egg and steak medallions. It was unbelievable good. I highly recommend this restaurant. Make a reservation if you can as it is always busy.

Date of visit: August 2018