“Expensive, but well worth it for the food and ambiance that comes with it”

Buca's Tuscan Roadhouse
Ranked #4 of 75 Restaurants in Harwich
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2016

If price is not an obstacle Buca's is a wonderful restaurant to enjoy a romantic dinner. From the small, but quaint, dining room with beautiful decor, to the romantic sounds of italian music being played, to the delicious food, you can't go wrong. Reservations are likely needed all the time here.We showed up with a party of 8 on a Sunday upon Buca's opening their doors at 5 PM and luckily got in because another party of had cancelled. Server was extremely sweet and attentive, Sangrias were top notch, bread was delicious and plentiful and the food was fabulous. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I previously reviewed Buca's in the fall of 2014. My glowing comments about the food still stand. My veal chop was terrific this visit as was our calamari appetizer. However, the service was horrible. I'm a pretty patient guy, but our server was aloof. We were a party of five that was pretty much ignored the entire evening. Drinks came out late or not at all, our bottle of Amarone was decanted but the server never bothered to serve the wine or refill glasses...or...ask if we wanted another bottle...Nor did she check on us after our meal was served to see how the food was, and if we needed anything, which we did... Someone from our party had to actually go and find the server to let her know we were done and that we wished to dessert...and then we had trouble getting her to give us the check. Crappy service is management's fault; either for having incompetent servers or by under staffing to make their job impossible. Either way--not good. Go for the food, but beware of crap service...

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Italian so well done. My husband and I went with friends on a Monday evening. I called for reservations a couple of days in advance and could only get 5:30 so I took it. I am so glad I did. I went because a friend told me a few years ago that she and her partner loved it. She was right. We all thought it was worth every penny. We all ordered something different.

To start with, the bread was so good, I would hav been happy with just that and the olive oil, although I do favor flavored oil. It is thick-sliced dark crusted tuscan style bread.

My husband and I shared a Grilled Romaine, Lemon Gorgonzola Vinaigrette, Pecorino Cheese, Garlic Croutons salad. I didn't realize it was grilled and may not have ordered it but SO glad I did. What depth is provided by that simple grilling. My husband ordered the pappardelle with gorgonzola sauce and peas and I can tell you it was delicious because I tasted it. My veal piccata was so good; I am often hestiant about ordering veal because if it isn't done right it's awful, but this was just beautifully done. I loved it. Our friend got the boar bolognese and really liked it and unfortunately, I can't remember the other dish. We split desserts and my husband and I got a chocolate almond mousse, the almond flavor was good, but it wasn't the best dessert I have ever had.

My husband and I can't wait to go back, the menu was enticing.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

We had planned to go to another restaurant that had been recommended to us, and just stopped at Buca's for a glass of wine. But the atmosphere, charming bartender (Andrew), and incredible menu caught us by surprise, and we decided to stay for dinner. It didn't disappoint! As a vegetarian, I've had eggplant in Italian restaurants more times than I care to count, but Buca's "alternative" style melanzana was the best yet. And my husband loved the sole -- which was also offered multiple ways. We even enjoyed sitting at the bar for our dinner and watching travelogues of Italy. Borrowing from another reviewer, I felt like I was "almost there" -- in Tuscany. We will definitely return on our next trip.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Buca's is a must for food and wine lovers. Seasonal dishes present the Cape with an Italian sensibility. We recently had the polenta and formagio appetizer that was dessert like in its decadence. Great cocktail menu. The aperol spritz was worth the trip. We will be back.