“An excellent destination but we had a few hiccups”

Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Harwich
Westborough, Massachusetts
“An excellent destination but we had a few hiccups”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The Wequassett is one of our favorite places to stay. Above all the rooms are spectacular and the property is second to none on Cape Cod. It has great restaurants and is very close to some fun and lively town centers on the cape. It has everything you need in a luxury resort including a fabulous pool, boat rentals, private beach and nice gym. Access to great golfing is also available.

All that being said, there were some hiccups. I am going to cut the Wequassett a little slack because we have stayed there before and did not have similar issues to what we experienced this weekend. This hotel is internationally recognized for it level of guest service so I was a little surprised by a few things that happened. Namely:

1. Our room was not ready until 5 pm on our check in date.
2. We ate at the pool while waiting for our room and it took over an hour to get served (our waitress offered little empathy or help when we asked why it was taking so long).
3. We seemed to get pushback every time we went to make a reservation at one of the resort restaurants.
4. There was a wedding at the resort and we were forced by the hotel staff to park our car very far away instead of saving the limited resort parking spaces for hotel guests and valeting the wedding guests in the more remote location.
5. The bathrooms by the pool were really smelly and gross - I mean something you'd expect at a public beach.
6. Things were left in our room (twice) that were meant for other guests.
7. Our bill was wrong on check-out and it could not be resolved on the spot.

Like I said, we have stayed there before and never experienced these kinds of things.

The wequassett is really a top notch place and we will stay there again.

Kinda cool - as we were checking out, several Red Sox players were checking in as they were on a short holiday for the all star break.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mbloch
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Thank you for sharing your balanced feedback regarding your recent stay at the resort. Our entire management team was disappointed to learn that we fell short on a few aspects of your stay and that we did not live up to your past visits.

I have taken the opportunity to review each of your points with the appropriate departments and greatly appreciate you providing us with such detailed feedback. It is feedback like yours that helps us ensure we maintain the standards the resort is known for.

I was delighted that despite the shortfalls you experienced that you will return to the resort for a future visit. I hope you will contact me directly at 508-430-3024 so that I may assist you with your reservation arrangements. Thank you again for your invaluable comments regarding our operation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future stay.

Director of Quality Assurance
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
new york
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Loved this resort -- just left after a 50th birthday celebration for my husband (and family.) Rooms were clean, beautiful, had every amenity and were updated. The pool area/cabanas were fantastic and boasted beautiful views. Had dinner at 28 Atlantic for the big celebration and it was in a word, fantastic.

The staff was very attentive, but was definitely at its capacity for the past 6 days -- the resort was full and therefore things probably took a bit longer, etc. than expected. (E.g., cabana service, room service, moving rooms, etc.) The staff was more than apologetic and truly seemed to do the best it could given the circumstances. Everyone was extremely friendly and gracious.

We booked a cabana for the fourth and while the display/band was great -- the food and service was mediocre and not worth what we spent per head. There was also some confusion with our reservation, but the staff went out of their way to make things right and comped some wine/birthday dessert.

All in all -- I would recommend this resort -- for a splurge and probably for a couple -- not a family (they do have kids programs, etc., but it is really very expensive for a family vacation.) -- If money is not an issue -- book away........ it truly is a special place.

Room Tip: Book the rooms closer to the pool/restaurants -- they are not as expensive, have shade and are still...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kewb1
Dear Mrs. Bidwell;

Thank you for choosing the resort to celebrate your husband’s 50th birthday and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted that for the most part you enjoyed your stay, but was disappointed to hear that you experienced delays in service due to the tremendous activity at the resort. I have taken the opportunity to share this feedback along with that of our Fourth of July event with the management team, in effort to help us improve.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 when you return to the resort for a future visit so that I may assist you with your reservation arrangements. Thank again for sharing this very important feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future visit.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 July 2012

to describe our experience at Wequasset. Between the spectacular views, the (I kid you not) baby bunnies that greeted us every morning, the phenomenal food, and the extremely attentive and professional staff, our stay was fun, rewarding and relaxing. A word about the very thoughtful staff (including, but not limited to, Sasha and Jackie) and their impeccable attention to detail - when I called to make a reservation I casually asked if there were any gluten free restaurants in the area ... they said they didn't know, but when we arrived a month and a half later we were welcomed with a basket of gluten free treats and a list of places we would find gluten free options. It was a wonderful stay in a wonderful place and I would recommend it without reservation to anyone looking to recharge mind, body and spirit in one of the most luxurious places in the world.

Room Tip: I highly recommend a room right on the water, if available.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the resort. We were delighted to hear that you found our team to be extremely attentive and professional, that you enjoyed the food and the beautiful grounds including the baby bunnies.

I have taken the opportunity to share your gracious comments with the entire team, in particular, Jackie and Sasha. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I may be of any assistance to you during a future visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort very soon.

Dover, MA
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Best family vacation!
Me and my family have gone to the Wequassett tons of times, and every time it's gotten better!
The children's center is amazing! they have a big pirate ship at the children's center and it's really fun! The Wequassett has great food!! My favorite meal is breakfast there because you get whipped cream on the waffles! The Wequassett has great seal watches! Me and my family go on them every time! Last time we saw hundreds of seals! We got almost five feet away from seals! I think it's a great family vacation!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the beach side of the property.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank RobKDover_MA
, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback regarding your family vacation. We are delighted that you enjoyed our children’s center, our special waffles and the seal watch. The seals are truly amazing!!

We are excited that the resort has become a favorite family vacation destination for you and your family and look forward to seeing you for many more to come. Hope you have a great summer!

Best Regards,

leicestershire
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed here as part of a trip to the East coast of USA for a family wedding
we stayed at the Wequasset for one night after the wedding as we needed to be at the venue for a baby sitter to care for our son (1 year old)
The hotel were extremely helpful and even though I booked through booking.com (best rate) still aknowledged my special request email and gave us a room near the event, they were able to help with the baby sitting service (chatham care, expensive but worth it) and our room was more than large enough to accomodate a baby travel cot too.
the room was spacious, comfy and immaculate
special brownie ponts for having an at cost mini bar - this is a 5 star hotel with hostel mini bar prices (cheaper than local food store!!)
wedding food and service perfect
brusnch amazing
beautiful hotel / resort with great facilities, only wish we'd been able to stay longer and had some sun to enjoy the pool!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank oggybags
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit to the resort. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to assist you with all of your needs. Thank you for your feedback on our guest rooms, I was delighted to hear you found your accommodations to be spacious and comfortable.

We are glad you appreciated our at-cost mini-bar pricing and that you enjoyed the food, service and facilities. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 when return to the resort for a future visit.

Josette Cristalli Willis
Director of Quality Assurance
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich
7.4 km away
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,050 reviews
5.4 km away
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Been to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK