“Love this place!”

Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Harwich
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I should start off by saying I'm a little bias as I got married at the Wequassett five years ago, so the place is filled with happy memories for me. Just went back this weekend with my husband and our 3 year old daughter. There have been a lot impressive changes in the last 5 years, including an amazing kids center that is fun for kids and tastefully done. The pool and setting is as gorgeous as I remember it, as well as 28 Atlantic. My only criticism is that some of the rooms are a bit dated, especially the bathrooms. Overall, a spectacular place that puts a permanent smile on your face.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Melissa;

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to the resort. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the many upgrades that have been made to the property since your wedding, in particular, the Children’s Center, which you were able to enjoy with your daughter.

We appreciate your objective feedback regarding your guest room accommodations. I have added this room to our renovations consideration list for our annual capital improvements.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 during your next visit to the resort as I would be delighted to assist you with making your next stay even more memorable.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Wequassett is one of the 7 wonders of the word in my opinion. So wonderful! and the location just cant be beat! My mom and i come here every time my mom visits me in Cambridge. I love all cottages, and the pools and the location is so relaxing!. The staff at the resort is EXTREMELY accommodating and very helpful to your every need. They have buildings with rooms that have high tech features like touch pads to control everything in the room to lights to the TV then they have rooms with just the wonderful simple touch! What ever you want you can get here! Two different pools, but only one open year round..

LOVE IT!

Room Tip: The cottages are less expensive and do not have all the high tech gear, so if you want all that go f...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Hoyle;

Thank you for your sharing your feedback and for choosing Wequassett as your extra special getaway with your mom. We are delighted that you enjoyed the luxuries of our Signature Collection guest rooms and that the staff was able to make your stay a memorable one.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I may be of any assistance to you during your next visit to the resort.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

On our tour of New England we stopped here and we are thrilled that we did. The Resort was all that we had hoped for and more. The service we received from the staff was stellar. Our room was spacious and the bed was so comfortable we didn't want to get out of it in the morning. We only wish the weather was warmer so that we could have enjoyed more of the outdoor space and the pool. We hope to return and will plan accordingly. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Penny,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the customized service the resort is known for. We look forward to your return to the resort in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I may be of any assistance to you during your next visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Tremendously enjoyed our experience at their Mothers Day Brunch. Probably best brunch ever.
Hostess and entire staff were VERY attentive to guests and very much "on top of things". Food selection and quality were exceptional. Will not hesitate to return and possibly stay a night or two. The afternoon was topped off with a rose for all the mothers. It was great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slapshot3

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to the resort for our Mother’s Day Brunch. We were delighted to hear that we were able to make your Mother’s Day extra special and that the team in twenty-eight Atlantic exceeded your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me direct at 508-430-3024 when you return to the resort for a future visit.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We booked an overnight getaway for my husband's birthday. While the property is lovely, overlooking Pleasant Bay, it felt a bit corporate and not quite like the "real" Cape. We booked an off-season rate and arrived on a rainy Friday night. Check in was prompt, and when we asked about the possibility of an upgrade, the manager dismissively told us it would be an additional $300 per night (which we did not take).

Our "Garden View" room was a fairly average hotel room with a small deck overlooking the parking lot towards the road (hence, no garden). Our room had a shared door which presented an issue at 11pm when a group came in next door, and we could hear their conversations perfectly clearly as if they had entered our room. It was quite disconcerting, but we were moved into another room quickly. I recommend the end units for more quiet and privacy if you are not traveling as part of a group.

Positives:
Aside from the initial encounter of the manager, the staff we encountered was genuinely professional, helpful, and courteous. The weather was not great, but we were able to swim in the heated outdoor adult lap pool, which was fantastic. The location and grounds are very well kept - tulips everywhere and even bunnies chasing each other seemed like part of the scenery. We did not use the mini-bar in the room, but the prices seemed reasonable. We also liked the Molton Brown bath products.

The main pool was open, but it was too cold for swimming. The outdoor bar (near the firepit) was not open, but I'm sure it would be nice in warmer weather as it overlooks the water.

We ate at 28 Atlantic for dinner and breakfast. Dinner was very expensive, but it was a terrific dining experience with a beautiful view and a gracious waiter. Breakfast was overpriced (for eggs), but still a pleasant experience and it was nice not to get in the car.

Negatives:
Sound really carries between rooms with shared doors. If that is an issue, request an end unit. Even at an off-season rate, my husband and I thought it was a bit pricey for what you get.

Room Tip: End units without shared doors are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fotocoquine

Thank you for your balanced feedback following your recent stay at the resort. I was delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations on a few aspects of your stay and that you were able to enjoy some of the services and amenities the resort has to offer, in particular your dining experience at our signature restaurant, twenty-eight Atlantic.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not share the opinion of some of our other guests regarding the resort offering an authentic Cape Cod experience. In addition, it was unfortunate to learn that we lost a golden opportunity to upgrade you during this special birthday celebration.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you, so that we may personally discuss all aspects of your stay. Please feel free to contact me at 508-430-3024. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback; it's feedback like yours that aspires us to improve.

Director of Quality Assurance

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich
7.4 km away
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
5.4 km away
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Been to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK