“Beautiful location, great service, great rooms!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hancock
Village Center/Mountainside Condos at Jiminy Peak
Enfield, Connecticut
“Beautiful location, great service, great rooms!”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This was my third stay in the condos at Jiminy Peak in the off season, and it's been great everytime! I travel to Jiminy Peak to attend a convention for my industry and the isolated environment and "village" feel really help to make us all feel more connected while we're up there. I have stayed in the Ski Patrol building in a 3 bedroom condo, JJ's Lodge in a 3 bedroom condo and most recently in the Paul Major Welcome Center in a 2 bedroom condo. I found all three buildings to have really great rooms with extensive amenities. Bring your own hair dryer though! The rooms I've stayed in where always clean, decorated with cute winter/ski lodge themes, and have plenty of comfortable spots to sleep. Some of the rooms have crazy bed combos to help accomodate larger parties. As an example, on our most recent stay, we had one room with a queen bed and it's own bathroom and the second room had a queen bed and two twin beds as well, with a bathroom across the hall. The living area was cozy and comfortable, the kitchen was fully stocked with cookware, glassware, silverware and anything else you might need. I found the complimentary coffee stashed in a cabinet right above the coffee maker, so that was easy and a nice touch. The only complaint I have is that on our most recent stay, the furnace in the room was noisey and it wasn't as easy to control the temperature as I would have liked. It was a little too cold in the room and I had a hard time adjusting it.

There are only 2 restaurants on the resort property, Christiansen's Tavern (amazing pub food) and John Harvard's (not a huge fan but the breakfast buffet was fine). So, if you are staying for more than two days, get some groceries, and stock the fridge!

I'm not into winter sports, so I can only speak for my experience off season when the resort is a little quieter, but I imagine even more beautiful than it is during it's peak season. There is plenty to do, mountain bike, hike, alpine slide, mountain rollercoaster, heated swimming pool (still open in late september!), a giant swing and some crazy trampolines. If I didn't have to go for business, I might even have gone to Jiminy Peak just to spend a nice weekend away from it all with my husband. It's quiet, pretty and we always have fun.

Room Tip: Be specific about the needs of your party when booking (children, couples, etc.) and book over the p...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
NY
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Although my booking was confirmed online, I did not receive a confirmation e-mail and called to inquire. Agent said the booking was not confirmed, quoted me a higher price, saying taxes were not included, even though online confirmation specifically said they were. She repeatedly tried to get me to book with her, at the higher price. I refused and booked online at the lower price. When I checked in I was told that price did not include taxes, and I had to pay the higher price.

Upon arrival, someone was parked in the space assigned to our unit. I complained to the front desk, and they said just park in somebody else's space. Had to park about 50 yards away, down a steep hill, and walk back and forth.

The room was decent but the screen door had been left open and moths and mosquitoes the size of small planes were in abundance in the room. The cable TV was not working so there was no TV service for the entire time we were there. The phone would briefly ring every half-hour or so throughout our entire stay, an apparent malfunction with no one on the line. The sinks and tub were clogged and at one point the tub faucet was jammed open so hard it kept running, and it took a lot of strength to shut it off. Staff seemed not to care at all about any of the problems. They had a lot of business, weddings, etc., and the resort is probably making enough money not to care.

The checkout time is an unheard-of 10:30 a.m., which I've never seen at any hotel anywhere in the world. The front desk told me I'd be able to stay later if no one was checking into that room, but of course someone was, so we had to be out. The resort gives you a free ticket for the alpine ski lift, but we arrived after 5 p.m., after it closed, and it doesn't open again until noon. But you have to check out at 10:30! If you want the view, you're better off going a few miles south to Mount Greylock, which has spectacular views and only charges $2 to park. All in all, not a very nice stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Hancock hotels

Naugatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We are seven friends who take a bicycle trip each summer and this is our second time staying at Jiminy Peak. The nearby area is great for outdoor activities, the scenery is beautiful, and there are plenty of places in a short distance to enjoy. Besides all of this to do in the summer it's a great mountain to ski.
We rented two different condos and each has been clean, comfortable, and well equipped. Every member of the staff we have run into has been extremely helpful and friendly. The food at the on site restaurant was delicious.
This year we had a mountain side condo and could sit on the deck and enjoy watching the activities below.

The final icing on this cake was our early check out due to the impending arrival of Hurricane Irene. We were offered a refund on our unused last night (without our having to ask - or even expecting it) and gratefully accepted. Jiminy Peak will definitely be on our radar for another bike trip.

Room Tip: The phone operators are extremely helpful, talk with them while viewing the web-site to find the bes...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
0.8 km away
6.6 km away
The Springs Inn
The Springs Inn
#1 of 1 in New Ashford

Been to Village Center/Mountainside Condos at Jiminy Peak? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK