“Solid, but not the best in the Valley”
Review of Mi Tierra

Mi Tierra
Ranked #9 of 60 Restaurants in Hadley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We visited this weekend because we couldn't get a table quickly at our favorite Mexican restaurant in Amherst.

The server was friendly and helpful. The food was solid, but not the best Mexican in the Pioneer Valley. The tacos I had were flavorful. My partner's margarita was good. It is a loud room, so if you are looking for a quiet conversation, this place isn't it.

This place is way better than Mama Iguana's in Northampton, though.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We went on Mariachi Wednesday,but the room with the band playing was impossibly loud. Our food was just so so.Service wasn't great.Staff were friendly but inefficient. The ambience leaves a lot to be desired. And it was priced above what the quality was.So I would recommend eating other places and skipping this one.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I've been meaning to try this place for over a year now, and I'm glad we did.
We went on what happened to be taco Tuesday. Although there were lots of other interesting menu items we did go for the tacos! A nice variety to choose from, and all were tasty. 3 tacos and a side of beans and rice for $10 is pretty reasonable and very filling! We also had a mojito and a margarita, both were tasty.
We would definitely go again.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

I've been hesitating to try Mi Tierra because of the poor reviews. The decor could use a little updating, and it seemed a bit cold, but hey, if it keeps the prices down, I'm all for it. The food was delicious, and the prices are excellent! They gave us tortilla chips and salsa to start. Their green salsa was delicious, refreshing, and spicy. It had a great cilantro taste! We ordered the Margaritas, and they were tasty and had a nice amount of alcohol. For appetizers, we ordered the nachos and the Queso Fundido without chorizo. The nachos were nothing to write home about, but the queso was warm, gooey, and yummy! We'd placed our appetizer order and main entree orders together. Five minutes after they served our appetizers; they brought out the main entrees. I find that so annoying. We expressed how disappointed we were, and the server looked at us as if we were unreasonable. She eventually offered to take our meals back and keep them warm. Not what we wanted to hear. We decided to have them left at the table and quickly gobbled down our appetizers. My daughter ordered the chicken quesadillas and said they were delicious. They were huge, and each one was the size of one large flour tortilla. There were three quesadillas in all and were served with lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, rice, and beans. A pretty good deal for $12.00. My husband enjoyed the Camarones al Ajillo. The shrimp was cooked perfectly and served with a side of Esquites, which is corn simmered in crema and chili, and a side of sliced, grilled, cactus. I had my favorite meal, chicken fajitas. It's my "go-to" meal at most Mexican restaurants. I was not disappointed! The flavor was excellent, the chicken was tender, and the veggies were crisp. I ordered sour cream and cheese on the side. Except for the main entree's being delivered right after the appetizer, we thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We won't hesitate to dine at Mi Tierra again.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

I visited Mi Tierra for the first time in December 2016 and was really hoping it was going to be good but I was a little disappointed especially since some in my group of friends I went with (7 of us total) raved about it. As there were a lot of use, I'll just talk about my meal because after waiting this long I don't really remember what everyone else got.
So it was a Tuesday and they have Taco Tuesday special which was part of the appeal of going there. You pick three tacos, they can all be different or all the same, whatever you want and they have a lot to choose from which is great! Well I got two steak tacos and one pork, quite small and the meat was just kind of dry although flavorful. A couple of my friends ordered outside of the taco special and really like their meals, but one of my friends who was also there for the first time, had similar feelings about her tacos. Also we all go margaritas and they were not the quality I was hoping for, especially since I was told that they don't use a mix that its homemade, etc.
HOWEVER, I would like to give Mi Tierra another try, as I thought the prices were pretty reasonable and the other meals on the menu are things I would like to try. I think it might have just been an off night with the tacos or something. Specials are specials after all. Plus our waitress (sorry don't recall her name) was very nice and attentive. And we did get some desserts and their churros were excellent. One last thing the appetizer tortilla chips and salsa were really good, however with a group of 7 people, I think they could have given us two baskets for the table, but oh well.
I'm not writing off Mi Tierra and I hope to give it a second try soon, get a full meal and see how it goes. My friends have pretty good taste in food and restaurants so like I said before I think I just got an off night.

1  Thank JVWNYC89