“The homely place that I've ever been besides my home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield
The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Between April 27 and June 3, during a business trip to Greenfield, MA, I was hosted at the most homely place that I’ve ever been, The House on the Hill. The place is amazing, very comfortable, extremely clean and well conserved. Donna and Allan know how make you feel as you were in your own house, especially with that homemade breakfast. The location is nice because is in a very quiet place, with a lot of nature around (I love the Green River), but it’s not far from downtown. I’m sure I’ve made friends to carry to the rest of my life, and I hope to be back as soon as I can.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Hugo M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

This is a wondeful quaint B&B tucked away amongst horse farms in a quiet area. I spent a week with Donna and Alain. I needed quiet time and this was the perfect location. Donna was very accomodating and provided an ideal environment for me as I spent time at the Vipassana Meditation Center which is not too far away.

Thanks for a great week. Will come back,

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The House on the Hill is what you expect when you hear the words “New England B&B”: elegant, welcoming, tasteful and relaxed. Its breakfasts are great fun, as they change every day (one day it can be eggs any way you like them, another day French toast with fruit, always with muffins, toast, fruit juice, etc.). The surroundings are pretty and although it’s quite close to a road, there isn’t a great deal of traffic and what there is does not produce too much noise.

Its owners – he is French, she is American – are extremely friendly and helpful. During my stay they organized a visit to a nearby farm where they have horses (one of the people in my party loves horses and riding); I was given access to a laptop computer when mine would not connect properly to the house’s wireless network.

There are two very friendly dogs, which the owners of the place keep well controlled until they are sure that guests like dogs (we did).

The rooms are spacious and quiet. It might be nice to have some sort of blinds in the windows of ground floor bedroom (that’s where I stayed). Maybe there are blinds, but I was unable to see them. At other times sunlight coming in is not a problem, but in summer, when the sun rises early, it could be bothersome. The rooms and the bathrooms are very well decorated and spotlessly clean. And there is plenty of space to hang your clothes, plus assorted things such as board games, books and a decent TV set, with a DVD player and lots of DVDs, right in your room.

All in all, we enjoyed out stay and would go back to it. You would have to be a very difficult person not to enjoy this place. Delightful.

Room Tip: All are good. If you dislike stairs, there is an excellent room on the the ground floor (1st floot f...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SebastianLondon
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here in mid October. The hosts were very friendly, and breakfast was lovely. Location for visiting the Pioneer country is very good, with Deerfield only a short journey away. Would def recommend to our UK friends thinking of visiting the Vermont/New Hampshire area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dianne P
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This is a very nice bed and breakfast. We had room 2A and it was beautifully decorated and bed very comfortable. We opened two windows and had a beautiful cross breeze with the help of the ceiling fan. Donna was helpful with area suggestions and further directions. She also provided us a pass to get into Historic Deerfield. Room had a flat screen TV with a built in DVD and Donna had a bookcase full of movies. We took advantage of watching one on our 1st night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kayofcny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
4.3 km away
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield
15.0 km away
The Centennial House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK