“The Best B&B I've ever stayed at!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Barrington
Baldwin Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I travel quite often for work and for pleasure. This was without a shadow of a doubt, the best place I've ever stayed at. The Burdsalls were lovely hosts and very gracious. I went in the summer and enjoyed lounging out at the pool. The food was great too! I highly recommend this fabulous Bed and Breakfast. It definitely gets two thumbs up!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank GPL1901
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I could not have been happier with my experience with the Burdsalls at their lovely B&B.

Having been to a few Bed & Breakfasts before, I've had my share of sub-par experiences... but I'm happy to say that my stay at Baldwin Hill Farm was quite exceptional. The area was lovely and incredibly relaxing. The establishment itself was well-maintained and made me feel comfortable, which so many others tend to fail at. The Burdsalls were incredibly personable and very accommodating, but I never felt like I had a lack of privacy, which I really appreciated.

Overall, If I could give this place a 6, I would. I've already booked my next trip, and I can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Thehand1242
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I've stayed at this B&B several times over the years. In addition to the wonderful views in the rooms we've been in, the Burdsalls are funny and energetic hosts. The only downside to staying in December is you can't use their pool, but there are two major ski mountains and you are able to cross-country ski on their property. The towns are close and offer great restaurants and shopping. The rooms were clean and private. Make sure you know the differene between a B&B and a normal hotel for any of the B&Bs in the area, as the experience is a little different for each one. I prefer the B&B experience. Also, the Burdsalls make my favorite blueberry pancake!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Sparrow04
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I was really looking forward to our visit to the Berkshires, unfortunately this B&B was not at all what I expected.

First, the room was very small. Tiny. The bathroom was even smaller. Shower had no tub and didn't appear to be particularly clean. The bed was advertised as a queen-size, but seemed smaller. I would expect that a B&B would, at the very least, make the bed each day, empty the trash can, and/or mildly clean the bathroom. Did not happen. The last thing I want to do is make my own bed, when I am paying to stay at a B&B.

The breakfast was only available between 8 and 8:30am and was not tasty. Not a lot of healthy options. No oatmeal or yogurt. Poached eggs were essentially hardboiled, however waffles and pancakes and coffee were OK. My significant other and I overheard the owner's wife whispering quite loudly about us while making the breakfast, which we found to be a little bit rude, frankly. We weren't exactly sure what they were saying, but it seems like they could have waited until we left to gossip.

Also, this B&B is very far outside the main activity spots (Tanglewood, etc) in the Berkshires, so it was a long drive to do anything (get dinner, go shopping, go to Tanglewood, etc).

On the plus side, there is a small outdoor pool, which is a nice amenity. They say it is heated, however it did not feel heated to me. It was not entirely clean... a few leaves, which I didn't mind too much, and it worked for swimming and sitting outside.

I have stayed at 4 B&Bs over the past few years and have really enjoyed all of them except for this one. We tried to make the best of it, but in truth, I really regret choosing to stay at this B&B and would strongly discourage anyone from visiting here. I tried to be fair in reviewing the place and point out some positives, but generally I did not feel like I was treated like a guest or customer. There was no romance, no charm. The place was just very small, not cleanest, no service, no amenities. Definitely not worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank extraoverflow
Mommarazzi, Family at Baldwin Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

We are very sorry to hear that Baldwin Hill Farm did not meet your expectations. We are a fifth generation farm and have been a Bed and Breakfast since 1989. While the farm is not in the center of town, many of our guests prefer and enjoy Baldwin Hill Farm precisely for that reason.

The farm is set on over 200 acres with hilltop views to all sides, away from the busy main roads. Downtown Great Barrington is only a 10-minute drive down the hill and Tanglewood is only about a 30-minute drive.

During your stay, we believe you stayed in the Bay Window room, which is 13 feet by 16 with an additional 9-foot bay window area. The bathroom is small, but it was installed with consideration given to preserving the architecture of the century farmhouse; giving guests the option of another private bath and shower. The guest portion of the house is over 3500 square feet, and we have never had comments that the house seemed small. We regularly clean each room, and we have not had any concerns expressed by any other guests related to the cleanliness of rooms.

While we are a Bed and Breakfast, we like to give our guests as much privacy as possible. It is true that we do not have a service staff, and we usually tell our guests that we do not go into their rooms except to close the windows at the beginning of a rainstorm. We apologize for not making this clear to you.

Our breakfasts are served from a menu that varies by season, and includes fruit as a first course, a variety of pancakes, French toast, eggs, toast or English Muffins, bacon or sausage, as well as a variety of cereal and juices. We follow food safety standards relating to preparing eggs. Oatmeal and other hot cereals are served in the winter, and yogurt is available upon request. Breakfast is available weekdays from 8:00 to 8:30 AM each weekday morning, and from 8:30 to 9:30 AM on weekends. We will adjust those times for our guests upon request, and once again we apologize if this was not made clear.

The hosts do plan their day while they are cooking and serving the breakfasts, and if the guests are mentioned it is because we do not want maintenance activities to intrude on our guests’ stay.

The 20 by 40 foot pool has views of the mountains and fields, and we are glad that you enjoyed sitting outside. The pool is maintained at a temperature range between the upper 70’s and lower 80’s when guests are present. Since there are trees and gardens around the pool, it is difficult to keep leaves out, even if the pool is cleaned daily.

It would have been helpful if we had known of your concerns so we could have promptly addressed any issues you may have had. We strive to give guests a comfortable and pleasant experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
Quincy, MA
Reviewed 26 June 2006

My fiance and I visited the beautiful Baldwin Hill Farm B&B from 6/23/06 to 6/25/06. By the time Sunday came around, we didn't want to leave!

Not only is Baldwin Hill Farm B&B convenient and blessed with gorgeous 360 degree views, but it also has the friendliest, most accomodating proprietors I've ever met! They make sure that their guests have everything they could possibly need.

When you come to Baldwin Hill, you are made to feel at home. The proprietors - Richard and Priscilla Burdsall - are good people with an excellent sense of humor, who really know how to tell a story! They are also a fount of information on attractions and activities in the area.

The Baldwin Hill Farm B&B has beautiful guest rooms with excellent beds. It also has gorgeous public rooms, including a living room complete with TV and a choice of about a zillion DVDs, a game room with games, a piano, and a beautiful stone fireplace; and a large lovely sun porch. There is also a swimming pool for a refreshing dip, and woods in which to walk. When you come to Baldwin Hill Farm B&B, you are guaranteed not to be bored! You will leave wishing you didn't have to, and already be thinking of coming back!

• Stayed: June 2006
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
7.9 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
8.2 km away
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#3 of 10 in Great Barrington
9.1 km away
Thornewood Inn
Thornewood Inn
#5 of 12 in Great Barrington

Been to Baldwin Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK