Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bass quiche second floor main building twin lighthouses outdoor pool ocean balcony view muffins rockport benches sunrise privacy mile essex
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Location is great. Lodging is 60’s motel, poorly renovated. Small room. Tiny bathroom with paint peeling off bathtub. $423 one night. Astonishing. Breakfast was included, but like a Courtyard Hotel. When I commented about the trashed bathtub, the lady said it’s ongoing project. How nice. The Beaufort downtown is a modern facility but has some odd rules, like having to pay for a cancellation even if done before the required notice period. Not going back to either.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2021

My husband and I loved this hotel. Our king room was beautiful and comfortable with a spectacular view of the ocean. We really enjoyed taking in the view from our balcony as well as the rooftop lookout. The rooms and grounds are well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were great, and the fresh baked cookies in the afternoon were a real treat. The location was perfect for exploring the area.

I'm at a loss to understand the bad reviews on this property. We have only good things to say and wouldn't stay anywhere else if visiting Gloucester again.

Reviewed 18 August 2021

I read some reviews and was hesitant. I was surprised to get a wonderful greeting by the front of house staff, mentioned some concerns ,and was personally guided to my room for my approval. New ceilings, no mold or mildew presence, very clean and comfortable accommodations. A guest took an armload of towels leaving none for others, but the staff addressed it when notified. The afternoon cookies and coffee were a nice touch. Excellent coffee! All of the heart of house excellent and charming. I will be back.

2  Thank Relax596795
Reviewed 10 August 2021

On our way through the New England area, we decided to stay here for a night. The location is amazing overlooking the ocean. The buildings and grounds are very nice and well maintained. For anyone complaining about the size/layout of the rooms, keep in mind, this place is quite old, but looks to be recently renovated. The entire place has so much character and charm. The pool was enjoyable as was the patio area outside our room overlooking the ocean. My kids were very disappointed we were only staying one night. We would definitely visit again and I highly recommend it!

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Designer6523
Reviewed 31 July 2021

Arriving there was no clear indication which entrance is to be used for check in. (lobby sign with no arrows). Young woman at front desk gave little info on amenities offered - (cookies & lemonade ? never saw them) and any other welcoming info. The same happened at check out with another young woman- who didn't know the answers to questions about other rooms or could care less about our feedback on our stay. I realize that these days good help is hard to find, but having young, inexperienced people at the front does not convey a good impression. We had a king room with sofa bed which had a gorgeous view of the Atlantic from the balcony. Unfortunately, bathroom was so small, no space to put your toiletries and basically, little room to turn around but, shower pressure was strong. Some maintenance is needed to fix it up (pieces broken off vanity, cracks in wall around sink, & grout dirty). It had a small window which opened onto shared balcony which was everyone's access to their rooms & therefore, you could hear everyone passing by. Bed was super comfortable, pull out ok. The stair railings going to the 2nd floor were not easy to grasp due to their construction-which made it difficult when you rely on them for support. Due to pandemic, breakfast was limited-we chose to go out & eat a hot breakfast. The weather was not favorable for swimming so we did not use the pool but it looked very nice. If we were to return, would request the rooms with the roof over the balcony.

Date of stay: July 2021