“Tapas Tuesday - our favorite!”

Azorean Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #9 of 149 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine & Casual Dining
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We love Azorean any time, but we always love meeting friends for their $5 small plates of Tapas every Tuesday. Its a nice weekly tradition.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We sat at the bar, the restaurant had a nice vibe. The service was excellent, we chose an appetizer(Azorean flatbread) and Sauteed Pork fillets(the moulay was delicious). I agree with another patron regarding the bread with oil dip.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

A lowly family operated restaurant with lots of character
Have specials most notes. Tuesday is tapas night at $5 / plate.
Fish lamb chops and BBQ hanger steak were included. We ordered 4 plates and couldn't finish everything.
Great bread served with oil.
Celebrated with glasses of sangria.
Portuguese food also offered.
Would love to come back and try

Good service and plenty of parking.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

On a beautiful end-of-summer day, I was lucky to get one of the few outdoor tables. There's not a water view, but it was still pleasant to be outside.

Service was efficient and friendly. My server graciously explained one of the dishes I didn't know.

Portions were generous and moderately priced. My whole bronzini, a special, was delicious. There was an interesting cocktail list and a choice of several Portuguese wines.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Finally made it to this restaurant after months of talking about it. I was delighted to see the very European decor and I felt like I was in the Azores. I had a delicious Portuguese Haddock and it was delicious. Lots of flavor but not overpowering the fish. For dessert we split a Chocolate mouse it and was so nice and airy with home made whipped cream and it wasn't heavy either. Prices were very reasonable and our server was great. Now I have to go there for dinner, which is apparently even better.

Date of visit: August 2017