“Fun time at Sailor Stans!”
Review of Sailor Stan's

Sailor Stan's
Ranked #69 of 149 Restaurants in Gloucester
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 11
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived in town later than planned and this cute little place was a quick walk away. We got the last two lobster rolls as the place was being closed up for the night. Wound up chatting with some locals outside for a bit. Everyone there was friendly and we had a great time. The lobster rolls were good but different than what we are used to. Big lobster pieces on a Kaiser roll with lots of lettuce. Tasted fresh. I went back for breakfast sandwiches a day or so later. Hubby had bacon egg and cheese, I had egg cheese and veggie. Mine was good, his was better. But hey, bacon! I would have loved to try the specials but we needed a grab and go breakfast. We would definitely eat here again. It's a cool little place with a friendly staff.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

I had the Irish Benedict and my husband had hash and eggs. The hash was home made. The potatoes were real. The service was good and friendly and the room was interesting. They had outdoor tables. I wish we had enough time to go back for another breakfast on another day. They had a lot of specials.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

I would have given it a 4 star if I didn't have to deal with an unpleasant interaction with the kitchen re our daughter's food allergy question. My daughter has severe egg allergy, which is always challenging at breakfast places. I understand and accept that. When I went to the kitchen to check what she could eat or if the kitchen could prepare her food separately, one of the chefs was very impatient. She did not want to deal with me and said "we are a small operation, we cannot stop what we do just because you have a good allergy." When the other chef kindly handed me a bag of bagels for me to check the ingredients, she rushed the male chef and said keep working. She added that whatever we decide to order for my daughter she would eat at her own risk since they refused to check the ingredients! I was shocked!!! We did stay for the breakfast (ordered plain bagel with cream cheese for my daughter) and the dishes the others had were wonderful (esp the lobster omelet) and the place very quaint, but I would not go there again with my daughter (or anyone with severe food allergies for that matter).

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Went with locals for breakfast while visiting Gloucester - and this place is still good for breakfast - 7 years after my first visit. The wait staff is usually very friendly. There are just tables inside and a few on the front patio. The place is open early for breakfast but closes relatively early for lunch ----- 1:30 or 2 PM.

We were a party of 5 and everyone enjoyed their breakfasts. Try the lobster omelet. It's fantastic.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

I love the authentically nautical vibe of this little place on Rocky Neck. It's great for a breakfast stop before exploring the shops and galleries. The outdoor seating deck is also fun. The breakfast is very good, nice basic choices, fresh and well prepared. The service was warm and welcoming!

1  Thank Hexy