“The best seafood at a reasonable price”
Review of Lobsta Land

Lobsta Land
Ranked #6 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Whenever I visit New England, I need to have lobster and steamer clams. As is often the case with tourist locations, the trendy restaurants with waterfront views often disappoint on quality and service. Lobsta Land is not on the ocean front, but does have a lovely estuary view.

It was clear that the wait staff were locals, and they were genuinely friendly and helpful. In our party, we had clam chowder, crab cakes, steamer clams, boiled lobster and Atlantic salmon. All were incredibly fresh and top notch.

The dessert of strawberry shortcake was a work of art - not something pre-fab that was put together in the kitchen.

My only criticism is that the toilet is not handicapped accessible. There was no way for a wheelchair to negotiate the turn into the small room. We had to drive into Gloucester to the welcome center to find a handicapped toilet for my mother to use.

1  Thank DaisysMum_11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

The best fresh lobster I've ever eaten before.
The drinks are really god. with lots of flavors.
The salad came perfect in amount of sauce and parmesan.
Definitely i recommend!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I was a little reluctant to eat there when i saw the outside. I figured it was going to be another roadside dive with overpriced bad food. Boy was I wrong! We went there with 11 people and came away thinking that it was some of the best seafood we have ever eaten. Not fancy; not expensive, but, terrific food and large portions. I had a sesame crusted sushi tuna with a side salad and appropriate sushi accompaniments, and it was TERRIFIC! For the 11 people, the bill with tip came to $42 a person. If you are at the North Shore of Boston, make this your food eating stop.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I have been to Lobsta Land several times in the past few years. For a while it was consistently great - surprisingly excellent food in a kitschy beach environment. Tonight I took a friend for dinner and it was awful. I don't write reviews unless I am super happy or feel that management should hear the feedback as it puts their brand at risk. In bullets:

*Hostess and waitstaff great, super friendly and responsive
*ordered the coconut shrimp with a salad with balsamic vinaigrette
*had to return the salad - dressing was rancid like old vinegar. Oh well
*shrimp came...I have had this before (light crust, excellent) this was overlooked, flat, dark brown and dripping in oil that did not taste fresh. My guest looked over and said is that ok? I didn't want to make a scene, ate two and put my fork down. Really gross
*waitstaff said no manager on duty - lovely hostess and waitstaff effusive and didn't charge me, offered dessert
* came home feeling very sick.

My guest had a good meal but I will never go again. It's too inconsistent and that makes me sad as I love to support local eateries.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Great seafood, great staff and prices very reasonable.
We flew 1800 miles to eat here again.We will definitely be going back.