“Close, convenient, and caring.”
Review of Super 8 Gardner

Super 8 Gardner
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gardner
Portland, Maine
“Close, convenient, and caring.”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

My wife, myself, and our Therapy dog, Ruby, travel from Maine to visit family in the area often. I can tell you with conviction and in all honesty that if you're looking for someplace warm and friendly to stay you are lucky to find this Super 8! It's just a great find! For a price everyone can afford you will find a "pet friendly" staff who are ready to meet your every need. The rooms are comfortable and were really put together with the traveler in mind. Each one comes equiped with a fridge, micro-wave, coffee, hair dryer, and WiFi. The rooms are clean and the atmospheric controls are almost instantaneous. Plenty of towels and a breakfast bar that opens early , as well as plenty of hot water and good pressure. You may think some of these amenities as standard fare, but that's because you only miss them when they're gone. You won't find this place lacking anything. Even it's location couldn't be better. Check this gem out and say hi to Nancy and Sam. You won't be dissappointed.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in were very good.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ricklajoie
Super8Gardner, Manager at Super 8 Gardner, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
We re always happy to enjoyable guest such as yourself and look forward to seeing you in the
future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 14 November 2011

The "grab bar" was missing in the tub, and the tub floor had almost no non-skid surface left on it. When getting into the tub, I slipped and fell backwards over the side of the tub wall. With nothing to hold on to, I went down, and the curtain rod went down on top of me. Went to report the accident and the front desk attendant waved the broken off bar in front of me, told me they didn't have accident reports to fill out, and told me to go to the hospital and get x rays done. At my expense? I don't think so. I am home now, very stiff and sore, and even though I contacted Super 8's headquarters, I am going to my doctor. Depending on what he says, I may sue.One last thing: I am extremely allergic to cigarette smoke. The room smelled faintly like cigarette smoke, even though it said it was a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: Examine the room before you decide on it. Check your nose for leftover cigarette smell. All rooms we...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Faeriedean

Travellers are raving about these Gardner hotels

St-paul
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We spent ten days and we were extremely happy with the accomodations. The room was clean, it was quiet at night. We would not hesitate to stay there again. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return. As always, we hope this finds you well.
Dingwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We have just returned to the UK after spending another 2 weeks in this Hotel and cannot praise it high enough! For the past 7 years we have stayed there and have been treated as close friends of the family. From the lovely cleaning couple to Sam and his wife at reception, to Nancy the manageress and the owners Mr and Mrs Desai we have friends for life. They looked after all our needs and made us most welcome with advice, assistance and care that only the best of friends and family could give. We will use again and recommend this location to all our UK friends looking for a safe and comfortable accomodation o stay at.

We will return in 2012, and bring Bounty bars for Mrs Desai, she loves them, and look forward to seeing a family that we now have strong feelings for from the cleaners to management. Gods blessing to them all

Room Tip: An Get one near the front door near to the next door Friendlys restaraunt less walking!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2011

First of all the charged my credit card more than the bill I signed. They said it was because we had three people but my husband told them that at booking.
The breakfast is a joke!
The tub is permantely dirty.
The cleaners did a good job.
The lady at the front desk in the evening was really particular about us bringing a friend in. We have family in Gardner which is why we chose this location but she asked a million questions because we had people with us. Doesnt anyone who stays there have family that is local???!

Room Tip: Just keep going! step on the gas and pick another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Tiara37
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardner
2.4 km away
25.4 km away
No photo provided
Travel Inn
#1 of 1 in Orange

Been to Super 8 Gardner? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK