“Good Place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited this restaurant while in town at the Great Wolf Lodge. Only about a 10 minute drive from the hotel. Very family friendly restaurant, staff was very nice and the food came out in a reasonable amount of time. The portions are very large, we have 2 small children and ordered each of them a kids meal, had we just ordered dinner for ourselves it would have been more than enough to share with them. We really loved everything about this place except for the food, it was just ok. I'm huge Italian fan and my father owned an Italian restaurants for over 30 years in my hometown, so i'm a bit picky. Their marinara sauce is very bland and basic and although there was a lot of chicken with the chicken parm it was not the best quality. I think this place is worth a visit for home-town Italian but its not the best.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

A place where you immediately recognize the aroma of scrumptious food. Primarily Italian with great selections and large portions. The salad and warm garlic bread are just the beginning of a delicious meal to come. I go with a mindset that I will have enough to take home for another meal. I’ve been a customer since 1991 and I’m never disappointed. The owner (Mike) runs a great business.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

comfortable atmosphere. You must bring your own wine and they will decant. Their Pesto sauce is wonderful.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We have occasionally visited Il Forno's for over two decade. Mostly, simple Italian plates are what we order and we are always satisfied. Service is always attentive but they seem to have developed a small pet peeve of mine. When paying with cash, Il Forno's doesn't want to deal with change. I get it. However, state and city meal tax will always create an uneven dollar amount. If an establishment choses to avoid change, round the dollar amount down not up. It is basic courtesy to your customers. Rounding the dollar amount up either is just another arrogant money grab or an appearance of a server padding their gratuity. Not good in either case. I know it is a minor issue but it is the principal of the matter. So much so in my case that my dining choices will be directed to a competitor.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Canned clams. Claim their ravioli is fresh; but they are premade. Canned pizza sauce. Premade dressing. Sandy lettuce. Horrible establishment and mike should be ashamed for lying to the public the way he does. At least his "fresh baked" bread isn't Atleast cooked to toast before getting bagged and set to him.

Date of visit: May 2018