All reviews cottage building indoor pool restaurant attached martha's vineyard cape cod woods hole dvd player short walk to downtown main street bike path first floor shops and restaurants convenient location fridge and microwave room was large steamship authority visit falmouth
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Check-in was easier than I expected. The room was very clean, and the location of this place was perfect, as it’s in the heart of many eateries and shopping. This place is walking distance to one of the parking lots (Woods Hole) to catch a ferry to Martha’s Vineyard. I would have preferred to have a room in the same building as the lobby, but my stay was still pleasant.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cocogabriale
Reviewed 11 September 2018

When we arrived at the Inn the front desk crew mentioned that their restaurant was right next door and we could enter through the hotel. After a BLT and avocado sandwich I wound up lying on the bed in the room for 3 or 4 hours with stomach pain unable to go to the museum that we came to Falmouth to see. We booked a handicapped accessible room. I LOOKED lovely. The bed was so high I could only get in with my husband's help. I'm 5'2'' tall. The front desk crew would not give me a step stool. They said that the owners were afraid of "liability issues". The desk chairs were so uncomfortable that my husband brought in a beach chair we had in the car. At 1AM or so the smoke alarm in the bathroom started pouring down water. We were both in bed, NOT SMOKING, not doing anything to cause it to go off. The staff on duty said they could only change our room to a non-handicapped room or give us a bucket. We said we'd take the bucket.
They volunteered the info that they could lower the bed height the next day to keep us from leaving. But not until tomorrow. After a short period of time listening to the water hit the bucket and getting on and off the bed by waking up my husband....I asked Bob if we could please switch hotels. It was too nightmarish for me. We called the 4 Points Sheridan in Eastham (Wellfleet?) and they had a handicapped accessible room. We arrived at the new hotel at 3:00 AM (approximately.) Our new room was like heaven. Everything worked. It was beautiful. We were so wrecked from driving there and having almost no sleep that we had to cut a whale watch and couples message out of our plans. This was my husband's 76th birthday celebration. The Inn did refund our money, but only after I stood in the lobby and told the desk clerks (who were insisting we were going to pay for our stay) the full extent of our displeasure. We especially wanted to see the Japanese print show at Highfield Hall and now we were going to either miss it or cut something else out of our precious 3 days on the Cape.

Room Tip: Don't believe them when they say they have handicapped accessible rooms unless you play for a basketball team.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sipapu36
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

CARELESS STAFF. Reserved a room 5 months ago only to show up at 10pm on Sunday of Labor Day weekend informing us that our room (the only room left) could not be opened due to the doorknob being broken. We called the hotel around 3pm that day to let them know we won’t be checking in until late, they said “great, no problem. We will see you tonight”. As we walk in, the night clerk informed us about the situation. She didn’t do anything to solve the problem or apologize - maybe try a locksmith or call another hotel to book a room for us. Nothing. We then asked to call the manager. The manager, Jackie, was careless, heartless, and extremely rude. She said, “it’s 10pm, and I’m an hour away. I cannot do anything.” And then proceeded to tell us she will call the police on us if we didn’t leave. This hotel didn’t offer any compensation or any sympathy. They left us high and dry at now this point 11pm on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Sounds like Jackie is a common theme amongst all the negative reviews. Jackie should be fired.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 31 August 2018

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Inn On The Square. Jackie & the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. We will most certainly return and will recommend the Inn to our friends and family as well as our readers here. Our room was good size and recently updated and was very well appointed. Lights were where they were needed as were the outlets for device charging. Just right flat screen with connections for DVDs, etc. Good size bath with lots of counter space. The minor problem we had with and exhaust fan was dealt with quickly and efficiently with a smile. Long walk to the beach. Short walk to shops & restaurants. Nice indoor pool. A/C worked well. Plenty of ice was handy. Plenty of free parking, Free internet was an easy connection and worked well. Adjacent Breakfast / Lunch restaurant. Goldilocks would identify it as "Just Right". Book it!

Room Tip: Second floor of two worked well for us.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Have stayed here maybe 15 times. Used to be accomodating and helpful. No more! Asking if I could check in a little early, was told "not until after 3". I asked "so I should come back at 3?". No, she said, AFTER 3. Never encountered this anywhere, and I travel (for work) a lot. She could have checked, or said try in a little while, or even offered to do the paperwork, and come back at 3 for the key. I will avoid this place in the future.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business