“From some Aussies!”

Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Found the Red Horse Inn lovely! Comfortable bed. Coffee Making facilities. Right in the hub of things in Falmouth, though nothing is far away. Pretty little hamlet. Lovely harbour. The breakfast was fantastic (included). In the lovely "barn" in the courtyard, you can help yourselves to coffee, tea, toast, muffins, bagels the lot. Jams, spreads, milks. The coffee was piping hot. Cindy was a wonderful, friendly, helpful hostess.
Would recommend anyday!

Room Tip: Maybe the one at the end, nearest the parking spaces? They were all beautifully decorated!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2011

I recently stayed at the Red Horse Inn as I was in town for a wedding. My friends and I opted to not stay at any of the wedding hotels because they were very expensive. We came across the Red Horse, and let me just say that it was one if the best little hotels I've ever stayed at.

It's located literally across the street from the ferry to Marthas vineyard, and the hotel even offers discounted tickets. Right from check inn we were greeted warmly and our rooms were, as my girlfriend said, "Absolutely adorable." Our bed was comfy, pillows fluffy, and I've never seen a cleaner bathroom. Our room was carpeted, had a lovely little fireplace, fridge, and flat screen. Honestly the felt like the master bedroom of a house, just soo cozy. Only downside was the walls were pretty thin and we could here our neighbors baby crying.

Breakfast is served each morning in the barn turned chill area. This little barn has plenty of seating, couches, tv, board games and books to help pass the time.

I wish we had more than a day in Falmouth, and next time we will 100% come back. Fantastic hotel, great service, great location, great price!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I were in Falmouth for a wedding and I'm so glad we ended up at the Red Horse Inn. The rooms are very clean and open; ours had cathedral ceilings. The location was great and was walking distance to many attractions. Our experience was much better than many of our friends who stayed at other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My wife & I stayed at the Red Horse Inn Sept 11 - 13. It was our first time in Cape Cod. We could not have made a better choice.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. At check-in, Cindy let us chose our room. Our room was great (Cape Cod theme), the location of the Inn is walking distance to the Island Queen ferry to Martha's Vineyard, a nice continental breakfast was served in the mornings, Cindy was there with local information & the rates were very reasonable.
Restaurants are a very short drive from the Inn.
I would highly recommend the Red Horse Inn. We would defintely stay again on our next visit to Cape Cod.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the back building - you can drive right up to your room - very convenie...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack092011
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My mother and I visit Cape Cod for the first time this July 4th to spend some time in the sun, and also visit Woods Hole and the surrounding area. It was our first time on the Cape, and the Red Horse Inn was perfect for the occasion--From our morning continental breakfast in the sunny courtyard to our well air conditioned, comfortable room it was just the perfect place to be in Falmouth. We certainly enjoyed the Cape and all the sights.
The new innkeeper Cindy was absolutely wonderful, always around with advice on where to eat, which beaches were near, and encouragement when I was heading off to interview for a study abroad program in Woods Hole!
The ferry to Martha's Vineyard is right outside the door, and that provided a nice day trip. Falmouth Harbor was also central, and we had a delicious seafood dinner one night at "The Flying Bridge" watching the boats and the Island Queen come in and out of the harbor. The "center of town" could be walked to, but it was so hot it was easier to take the car. The beach was a bit of a walk (we drove both days we hit the beach), but certainly accessible and with plenty of parking. July 4th was perfect there, as walking to the beach to see the fireworks was the epitome of a summer event! We will definitely return if we visit the cape again!

Room Tip: The double queen room was quite spacious, was quiet, and even had a small table and chairs
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family