See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Got here thinking that ir would be good as we are looking for housing and housing is hard to find. Paid for the room and when was told where it was starting unpacking car, should of put all my stuff back in car and asked for refund, but everything was booked. Smell of mildew as soon as i opened door, capeting was vacumned but looks like it was never shampooed. Went to get some ice and was told ice machine is broke, DUHHH get it fixed im paying for ammenties. Says it had pool in desciption but could not find one on property and asked at desk and she said we dont have pool. Says it includes breakfast i dont wanna eat here they probably dont wash. Gross wouldnt let my dog stay here again. Wife just checked bottom sink and she had to clean it it had a gross residue on it and sink stopper was under sink and it was gross

Room Tip: stay away unless u cant smell
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nipper5454
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We made a list minute trip to Mashpee, however, all the usual places we stay were sold out. This place was a last ditch effort, and we were pleasantly surprised. The price was half what we would have paid elsewhere. The room I stayed in was recently renovated, so ask to see if they have one available. I assume by others' comments that they are not all complete yet. We stayed in unit #35. Front desk was very pleasant and helpful even though we arrived late evening. The pool was not working when we stayed and I'm not sure what their plans are with that. I prefer the beach, so it did not bother me. I liked the location--more of a country location, but still close to the main drive. The rooms are not completely soundproof as it is an older building, so visitors should be respectful of that. It would be nice if they would put an extra pillow and blanket in the closet.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The person behind the reception desk was friendly, patient, and helpful. But the place is run down, with the exception of the bathroom which was modern and clean. The room itself was small -- I wasn't expecting more for the amount I paid -- but needs work: the bedside lamp was hard to get to stay on and was missing a shade. Wires from an old fixture stuck out above the bed. The place has not been painted in a while. The main bed was comfortable enough, but the second bed was not a place I'd want to trust a night's sleep to.

The hotel is 1-2 miles from various small town centers where you can find a Subway, some bars, and a bar that serves truly terrible Chinese food. The Dominos web site says that the place is too remote for them to deliver to, but there is a Dominos within a couple of miles. Plus, you are 8 minutes from the Island Queen ferry if you're looking to go to Martha's Vineyard.

I paid my money. I spent the night. I got up early and took the ferry. It did the trick, but I can't recommend it, although it pains me to say so since the owners seem quite nice and I wish them luck.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We only needed a room for one night to visit our son. I knew this was peak season and hotels would be limited. The Carleton look good from the outside. Room was old and run down!! No lamp shade on lamp! Old! And dingy!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Is an ok place, staff very nice, price is right. But room smells like mothballs and people hanging out at all hours. Have attached a photo of the pool, which gives you a sense. Location is pretty good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple