“Terrible service!”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrible service!”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I made reservations for a room a month before the date, and I also received a confirmation email. My partner and I drove two hours on a rainy, cold day to Falmouth, and when we arrived, we discovered that the entire establishment was closed.

No email, no phone call--I wasn't contacted at all by management to let know that they decided to close for the day I made reservations. Thankfully, they charge after checkout, so I saved from paying for this awful service, and we found a better place to stay at not too far away.

Suffice it to say, I'm never coming back to this lodge.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cmwww
TheFHMLManagement, Manager at Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
We are sorry that this reviewer was dissatisfied with our service. Though, there would be no service in February. We did not close on the very day (in February) that this reviewer decided to come. The Lodge is closed each winter, only opening from May through October each year since, 1969. Please note, the Lodge does require an advanced deposit on bookings, not a payment after checkout. Please see our website for deposit policies . We continually strive to provide our guests with outstanding service and are saddened by this review.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 31 October 2011

When we arrived we were offered choices of larger rooms than what we had reserved for very little extra, and we are very glad we chose the Beach Cottage room. It was lovely. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The place was clean; the grounds lovely. It is in a great location.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bbpacker
Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed one night at the Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge, which I chose because of location and good reviews. I was a bit surprised to find it resembling a Mom & Pop one-story motel (though it has other units); the name suggested something more upscale! However, it proved very friendly, clean and comfortable and a good choice for the price. My bathroom had a very nice walk-in shower and place to put stuff next to the sink. For dinner, I could walk about 10 minutes down to the beach and a 'British Beer Pub' that suited me fine. The continental breakfast was basic but adequate, though you had to eat it standing up, or take it back to your room, or eat it outside in the garden in good weather. I got lots of good advice from the office on the area and how to get to Woods Hole for the Vineyard Ferry.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Retired-engineer80
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We had a wonderful time at this motel, mainly because of the friendly and helpful staff, but also becuase our accommodation was so nice. We were given Anchor House and our son was upgraded, free of charge, to the room next door. The rooms were very clean, extremely comfortable, with good cooking facilities. Although we stayed at the end of the season and so the pool was being closed, it looked a lovely place to have a swim and relax in the wooded grounds. We took advantage of the last sailing of the season to go to Martha's Vineyard, enjoying the unexpected mini heatwave.
Breakfast was available in Reception, with a choice of muffins, cereal, juice, tea and coffee. It was easy to walk into town with a big grocery store on the way so we used that to stock up on food we needed. Falmouth has loads of shops, restaurants and places to look round and the hotel is near the beach and harbour.
All in all, it was a fantastic holiday and we would love to return one day.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for Anchor House. It's private and very well appointed.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Andreakayh
Hartford, CT
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed at the Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge last night on our way to Martha's Vineyard. We were running late on arrival when the motor lodge office called my cell to tell me they would leave my room open with the key inside. It was off season and they were closing the office. I appreciated their courtesy. We chatted and I mentioned we were stopping for dinner at an upscale restaurant. From that comment the desk clerk surmised it must be a special night for us. When we arrived at the room she had told me was ours there was a note on the door and she had upgraded us to a separate "cottage" suite. It was an adorable iittle building by itself with a kichenette, nice size bed, bath and sitting area. It was our wedding anniversary so she had guessed right. I was really impressed that she cared enough to do this, even after we had kept her late. She made our day. The room was impeccibly clean and nicely appointed. Coffee in the room was all that was missing. I would highly recommend this motor lodge. I wasn't expecting much and was very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple