All reviewstraverse citymartha's vineyardspecial foodcomplimentary winebed and breakfastbeautiful oceanour honeymoonfinish linebrowniea wonderful stayfantastic hostsold friendsfalmouth areastayed longerthe falmouth road racenew englandjerry
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We came down on a whim at the start of our honeymoon. They accommodated us at the last minute and took the time to find us a room at another hotel in the area for the following night as they didn't have space. Such interesting people who have lived all over the world and truly seem to enjoy getting to know their guests.

Sad to hear this is their last year!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights while our family was a few miles away at a chain hotel. We are SO happy we found this place and were able to book a room here instead! Jerry and Liz were fantastic hosts and Liz made the most delicious and creative breakfasts! Great location right across from the water, and we had lovely sea breezes all day and all night long in our room (Traverse City). We also loved being able to hear the water at night. We walked down to one of the beaches and were also able to walk to some of the restaurants on the water. It's an easy walk to the Martha's Vineyard ferry as well, though a bit further of a walk to most of the shopping and downtown restaurants - definitely doable but wear comfy shoes if you don't want to drive! If you're a runner, there's a nice path along the water and the Falmouth Road Race finish line is right down the street! (Sounds like there's a waitlist to stay at Bailey's specifically for the race but maybe someday I'll make that cut! :D ) We hope to come back soon and will for sure keep Bailey's in mind when we return to the Cape.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Short stay but we wish it could have been longer. Jerry and Liz made us feel so at home we didnt want to continue our trip. The views from our room were amazing. Breakfast was wonderful. Every little detail was taken care of. Highly recommend to everyone.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I wish we found Bailey's By The Sea earlier! It's not just the beautiful views from every floor but the attention to detail, the cleanliness of every guest room, kitchen, living and dining rooms. They are immaculate. The breakfasts are second to none. Liz and her staff were incredibly attentive and they don't cut any corners when it comes to your stay. My words can only describe part of the experience, you have to stay here and you will understand how Bailey's was the nicest experience my wife and I have had for lodging. It felt like a home. Thanks, Liz

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank david m
Reviewed 3 July 2017

My husband and I recently stayed at Bailey's for a nearby wedding and remained there for the weekend. Liz, Jerry, and their staff took great care of us and were a wealth of knowledge about excursions in the area. Not only is their home beautiful, but it is conveniently located near the Island Queen ferry to Martha's Vineyard (i.e. a 10 minute walk). And if you're wondering about the breakfast, I've got one word for you: delicious!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple