“Beautifully Amazing B&B”
Review of Baileys By The Sea

Baileys By The Sea
Ranked #8 of 9 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Houghton room for a nice relaxing mid-week vacation in the beginning of June. For the rates, it is really a great great place to stay. Liz is an outstanding B&B host who is full of ideas on what to do and will interact with you as much or little as you want. The greyhound, Remy, is just as sweet as can be- we both fell in love with him.

The view from the breakfast area at Baileys is absolutely to die for. We spent quite a bit of time in the breakfast area, even in the evening to drink wine and look at the beautiful view.

The 3 course breakfasts were very good, and generally were things that one wouldn't make at home that had fancy plating and everything. Very impressed.

One thing to be aware of that isn't clear from the website is that the "private showered bath" associated with the Houghton room is actually detached. If going down a couple of stairs (like 1/6th of a flight) to go to the bathroom is going to be a problem for you, you should get the Traverse City or the Tokyo room, which have attached bathrooms.

The detached bath wasn't a problem for us at all, and we had an all in all fabulous time.

Room Tip: Make sure that if you choose the Houghton room, that you are comfortable having a detached bath. Tr...
Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank btshapir
lizb321, Owner at Baileys By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Thanks for taking the time to let others know about your experience at Baileys. I especially want to thank you for bringing up the Houghton bath. With more people booking on line it's difficult to know what it being "understood" . I do encourage anyone to call with questions as I want your experience to be a positive one. It was great meeting you both! Warmly, Liz

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My fiancé and I spent 2 nights here for our Pre-Anniversary (1 year before our wedding). We had an amazing experience. When we weren't in our rooms with gorgeous views of the Atlantic and the Vineyard, we were enjoying all the wonderful things Falmouth and Martha's Vineyard had to offer.
Baileys By The Sea was walking distance to the Island Queen Ferry to Martha's Vineyard and we were given discounts by the proprietor Liz.
Sadly, Jerry was not around but Liz was an amazing host and had great advice on local restaurants and what to do on the Vineyard.
Overall we had an amazing time and will definitely be back and this time for more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Traverse City room was amazing and had a great view. You won't want to leave, I know we didn'...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
lizb321, Owner at Baileys By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

What a great idean you had - a pre-anniversary getaway! I may have to add it to the list of "specials getaways"! Thanks for taking the time to write a review & may you have many happy years together. Warmly, Liz

Reviewed 14 May 2012

While planning a Mother's Day Weekend surprise, I found this wonderful B&B in the Top 5 on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, my mother and I arrived much later than scheduled, but Liz exuded great hospitality upon our arrival. She greeted us with a warm smile and open arms. She gave us a tour of the B&B and explained where everything was. She went above and beyond by providing us knowledge of local restaurants, the ferries times (as it was off season) as well as information about Martha's Vineyard to plan our excursion the following day. The B&B was amazingly clean!! ... and she has thought of everything !! Her hospitality was superb and we felt very pampered!! I can't wait to go back. In fact, it is only a matter of time ! We hope that you consider this B&B for your next trip and we are almost certain that you will be pleasantly surprised, just as we were :)
P.S. My mom could not stay away from the chocolate chip cookies and I fell in love with the blueberry crepes.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
lizb321, Owner at Baileys By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Thank you for choosing Baileys. Mother and daughters traveling together hold a special place in my heart - having 2 daughters of my own. It was a pleasure meeting you both! Warmly, Liz

Reviewed 25 January 2012

What can I say that hasn't already been said? My friend and I decided to spend the night in Cape Cod on our whirlwind New England trip last fall, and Bailey's was definitely one of the highlights. Wish we could have stayed longer. Although we had seen pictures, we were amazed at the location - just across the road, the cliff drops down to the beach. Gorgeous Cape Cod architecture, with a closed in wrap around porch with a sea view and goodies that Liz keeps out for munching during the day. When we got there, she had out coffee, tea, and a fruit drink, along with brownies, cookies, and cake. Jerry wasn't around, but Liz was so warm and hospitable, and - although maybe I shouldn't mention it, since she did us a big favor and I'm sure doesn't normally do it - drove us to the ferry (we planned to walk but were running late). And their greyhound Remy is a sweetheart and you hardly know he's in the house, but it makes it feel like a home. All in all, Liz did her best to make sure we made the most of our time, and I highly recommend this place if you're looking for a really nice Cape Cod experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Worcester room - twin beds - which worked for us, since I was traveling with a frie...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shrega
lizb321, Owner at Baileys By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay at Baileys! You did keep going - but I loved doing it! I'm glad you had a great stay & sure hope you'll be able to come back & put your feet up & enjoy the views! Warmly, Liz

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I've never used the word "wow" as much as I did those 2 nights. The view from the dining area was beautiful. The food was amazing, tasteful and creative. The room was nice and cozy :) They offer wifi, so I facetimed a few friends just to share the coolness of this place. I'm in the hospitality/ food biz and I truly appreciated everything that Bailey's had to offer!! Liz and Erica were the cherry on top of my great experience!! I highly recommend this place for lovers, friends and family!!

Room Tip: It just depends what the occasion is.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Grace R
lizb321, Owner at Baileys By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Wow - just saw the great photos you took! They look great! The orange coconut cups is a favorite. I need to do a blog recipie but don't have a good picture. This one may be the one! Thanks again for choosing Baileys! Warmly, Liz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
10.0 km away
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
0.4 km away
Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge

Been to Baileys By The Sea? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK