“Good spot for breakfast or a lobster roll”
Review of Parkside Market - CLOSED

Parkside Market
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We serve breakfast all day and serve delicious made from scratch soups, excellent sandwiches and salads. We strive to use organic and local products whenever possible. Our meats are house roasted and free of hormones. Our greens are always organic. We offer soy milk and gluten free options, just ask. We are family friendly and offer a comfortable relaxed setting.
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Had breakfast here with my family a couple of times. The food is good and service was fine, if a bit on the slow side. Good coffee from Stumptown. The people working there are very friendly and helpful.

It's not a full service restaurant- you order at the counter and pick up your own cutlery and napkins. There are a few tables inside and a couple more outside.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

My visit to Parkside today made me reconsider spending my money there. In general, I think Parkside sandwiches are great and usually worth waiting for.

Today, my visit was marked by:

A) a dour hello from the two women working the counter, neither of whom seemed friendly or apologetic when
B) the kitchen messsed up my sandwich twice
C) no napkins or utensils available at the coffee bar stand

I was especially surprised that my sandwich was wrong given that CAB stands for the three main ingredients on the dish. (I ordered a CAB on a wrap with romaine and tomato.) I ate the second sandwich without avocado-- but, for a $10 sandwich, I expect there to be all components.

Furthermore, my total wait time for both mistakes was 27 minutes. It was 2:30 PM. There were four other parties in the restaurant, totaling fewer than a dozen diners.

I am not sure what is going on at Parkside, but I found this visit to be a disappointment. I don't plan on returning this summer.

2  Thank kath59215
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Little place where you order at the counter. The food was very fresh and delicious. I had a reuben and it was one of the best I have ever had. My sister had a chicken club with avocado on focacia bread which she loved. The man next to me had the largest, freshest cobb salad I have ever seen.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Really nice clean & open sandwich shop in downtown. Eat in or take out. Owner on duty. You can have what you really want. Ask & you shall receive.

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Horrible service. No management. Food is not worth the wait while cooks are goofing off in kitchen. Worst ding experience ever!

4  Thank Maryellen F