“Uncomfortable beds, woke up in pain”

Admiralty Inn and Suites
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Warwick
“Uncomfortable beds, woke up in pain”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

In spite of the non-refundable payment we decided to leave the hotel a day early. The room was spacious with a spiral staircase to an upper room that our kids loved. However we could not use the jacuzzi in the bathroom because when we tried black mold shot out of the nozzles and dirtied the water. The other amenities (pool, breakfast, tv, wifi and staff) were fine. After a long car trip we needed a good night's rest and neither my husband nor I could get comfortable on the very hard mattress with sheets that slipped off and we both woke up with back pain.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Room was relatively clean, carpet needed vacuuming. Staff was pleasant enough. They advertise a "full hot breakfast" but don't tell you that it is dependent upon how full the hotel is. I stayed four nights and each morning it was cold cereal and a choice of 2 muffins. Not 2 kinds, just 2 muffins. Location is right next door to a somewhat seedy hotel and the transients that it attracts.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank ia1229
Scotland
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We booked in here after finding in on internet the previous night, the price over the counter just the same as advertised on the net...............a very friendly and helpful gentleman at the desk when I booked made me feel very welcome. We then took the car down to Woods Hole and took the ferry, so spent the afternoon and early evening at Martha's Vineyard returning to the hotel around 8.30 after dinner. The room was large, with 2 queens and room and bathroom were very clean, so it was very welcoming and comfortable on return. The hotel is a bit on the old side but as long as it is clean I do not complain, many places on the Cape are old. The breakfast next morning was also very good, plenty of choice, so a very happy experience all round.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I attended a conference on Cape Cod, stayed here as it was recommended due to accessibility to the conference and availability of wireless internet in the rooms. The wireless at times was non-existent, and would come and go as I was trying to complete my homework project. The hotel's response: We do not guarantee wireless in all our rooms. There was one other room available, but also was not acceptable. Unusual, as the parking lot was pretty empty, and I saw few people walking around. This hotel needs to be upgraded desperately. The hall carpets were dirty and frayed, and there were coffee stains on the entry tile that remained for the 6 days I was there. Some of the screens looked as though there may have been an attempted break-ins, they were bent and did not latch. The cushions on the chairs at the dining table were very stained. I had a room with a jacuzzi, however did not use it, it was next to the kitchen counter, a bit out of place. I also had a microwave, it did not work and had to be replaced, the refrigerator was old and hummed loudly 24/7. I could not regulate the air flow/fan on the under window A/C unit, the bed was a foot from the A/C unit, and blew on me all night, plus it was noisy. if you opened the window, you could hear nothing but other A/C units running. The bed was comfortable, but the sheets old and stretched out, did not stay on the mattress. The bathroom was clean for the most part, but dated and basic. The towels were stiff and scratchy. The landscaping looked nice and the outdoor pool was spacious, and clean, I did not use the pool, however. The closet was huge, but only had 5 hangers, 2 hangers were broken and the sliding door was off the track and difficult to move. Maintenance did try to fix the door, but still difficult to slide. Parking was adequate and close to the entry door. The room always smelled of cigarettes when I returned from the conference, or perhaps it smelled musty? The complimentary continental breakfast was not great, not much to eat, and no butter for toast, muffins, or bagels. Selection consisted of small muffins, small bagels, waffles, cold cereal and hard boiled eggs, plus juice and coffee. Although this hotel would likely appeal to families with kids (2 pools, indoor and outdoor), especially in the summer, it was overpriced for what you received and with such an outdated appearance and amenities. When I checked in,they asked that I pay for the entire stay (5 nights). I desired to check out, and find another hotel, I was told that the hotel requires 3-7 days advance notice to cancel, so I stayed, rather than loose money.

Room Tip: All the rooms face a self-contained courtyard, first floor rooms have doors to the courtyard. Grocer...