“I'd stay at a Hampton's Inn again”

Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Hotel was easy to locate, great access to hwy. We requested double beds which was more of a 2 extra large twin beds. The internet was extremely slow, the toilet kept backing up (hotel responded immediately or offered option to change rooms), and the fan in the bathroom didn't work. Breakfast was very convenient for on the go. A lot of places to eat that are near. I recommend a Portuguese restaurant Antonio’s…excellent…really large portions, cash only transactions. Front desk is very helpful with recommendations. Walmart is across the street just in case you've forgotten anything. Staff was extremely helpful with sightseeing, directions and ferry schedule for Martha’s Vineyard. If your planning a trip to MV, stay overnight, the Island has plenty to see, not a very large island, however, it’s the speed limit from town to town that will eat up a lot of time. Watch out! A lot of speed traps so, go the speed limit. Place to eat at MV Zephrus Restaurant at the Mansion House Hotel and Ben & Bills Ice Cream in Oak Bluff’s loved the Blood Orange Sorbet absolutely fabulous.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank 47Mel

Reviewed 24 July 2009

The Hampton Inn in New Bedford was exactly what I expected for a chain hotel. The room was clean and the hotel has typical business amenities including wireless internet access, iron, coffe maker, etc. The bed was comfortable, sheets, beddings and towels are new.

The room looked and felt clean. The hotel is locates very close to a Walmart and a number of fast food establishments... all within walking distance.

There are two aspects that stand out that makes this a great choice:

1. The complimentary breakfast area was kept clean and fully stocked throughout breakfast. There was a large selection to choose from. In addition Hampton has the breakfast-to-go bags available to people who don't have time to eat before heading out.

2. The staff was extremely friendly and cordial. With the chain business hotels being virtual clones of one another there has to be something to make them stand out and generate repeat business. The Hampton Inn in New Bedford capitalizes on customer service.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2009

Hampton Inns have always been reliable. This one was too. It's close to tourist attractions in New Bedford. The room was comfortably furnished. I appreciated the comfortable chair and ottomon. The free internet worked fine. Front desk service and breakfast were all great. My only minus is that the pillows were all too soft for me, but this is a common problem in motels and hotels. Someday management will learn to give guest a choice in pillows when making reservations or have a selection in each room. Nevertheless, this was a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2008

I reserved a 2 bed handicapped room at hamptoninn.com. When I arrived, the first room offered was a king bed (room 124) I had to walk all the way down the hall to this room, then back up to complain. I then had to walk back down the hall (I have trouble with my legs and walking; that's why I reserved the handicapped room). The next room was 2 beds, however, I was appalled to see the mouse droppings in both beds (room 132...I wish I would have taken some pictures!) At this point, I wanted to leave and go somewhere else. I was told by the girl at the desk that she would give me room 140, a handicapped suite, for the same price. I had her and my friend walk into the room and look it over very well. My friend, who was originally from Fairhaven, stated that the only other hotel in Fairhaven was a Holiday Inn and it was run down. Since I had been on the road since early morning, at it was now after 8pm, I decided to stay. The next problem was that the vending machines were right next to the room (the room was the last one down a long hall) and I could hear sodas dropping and at one time, someone was banging on the candy machine after it failed to produce the candy they had paid for. Since I was there on business, and didn't stay in the room for long periods throughout the day, I stayed the entire 3 nights. The bed was comfortable and I took some heavy duty sleeping medicine so I would not care if I heard or saw a mouse! Overall, I think that more could have been done by the staff. She wasn't very apologetic and was more upset that she was on the receiving end of my complaint. I also think it is ridiculous to have the handicapped rooms at the opposite end of a long hall from the lobby. It was hard to walk there for breakfast, but I couldn't see taking the car and driving to the front. It was really kind of a stupid arrangement. Anyway, I won't be going to Fairhaven on business very often, but if I do, I'll stay somewhere in New Bedford or North Dartmouth.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AnneVP
Reviewed 7 November 2007

The Hampton Inn New Bedford Fairhaven is a nice hotel, though nothing spectacular that I can rave about. The staff at the front desk were friendly, the breakfast was nice and the room is adequate. The bathroom is quite large and looked renovated.

As the previous reviewer said, location was good as it was close to supermarkets and fast food places. There is a Taco Bell within a five minute walk of the hotel. Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds are not far away. However, there is not much that tourists can see in Fairhaven, which is where the hotel is really located.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
3.4 km away
18.8 km away
TownePlace Suites Wareham Buzzards Bay
12 km away
Best Western Dartmouth Inn

Been to Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK