“Delicious, sweet fried clams!”
Review of J.T. Farnham's

J.T. Farnham's
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Essex
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Clams were perfectly done. I love the clams that come from the Cape Ann area ... they are smaller and wonderful tasting. The onion rings were delicious also. I was satisfied, so I skipped the fries to save room for ice cream.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This can be a difficult place to get into; parking is limited but it turns over pretty fast. Food is what you would expect. The chowder is a stand out, however. Tremendous.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I on our yearly jaunt to New England are continually on the lookout for the best clams the area has to offer. Well, two days before our flight we saw an episode of Diners Drive-ins and Dives and Guy Fiere was featuring J T Farnhams’s. Looked good, so what the heck. On our way to Ogunquit, we detoured to Essex, Ma and went to try out the clams. They were good, but we’ve had better. If in the area we would definitely stop in again. Oh yea, the Diners tv show was from over ten years ago. May have been the best back then.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Farnham's is a quaint and funky place along the highway, and you can always find it by the number of cars parked along the road. It is the most outstanding clam place in the area. A small order is a generous portion of very fresh, very light clams served with both tartar sauce and cocktail sauce (mix them together for a special taste experience!). There are tables inside but the clams taste best eaten out of the container at the side of the road. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Made my first ever visit to JT Farnham's last week for lunch and I was not disappointed. Parking can be a little funky as they have a very small lot and I ended parking across the street. Got the fried clams with pasta salad and fries and I enjoyed every bite. The clams were a good size and perfectly fried. Loved that they have a self serve station for tarter sauce! And if you eat inside, once your order is ready, someone will call your number and actually bring it to your table which I thought was great customer service! I definitely recommend the fried clams here