“Excellent local fare”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent lunchtime visit. Service with a smile, we were shown to our table and the waitress was soon with us and drinks arrived promptly. We were shown an extensive menu, mainly seafood but with other choices. Recommend the fish bakes of which there are several to choose from. Home baked corn bread served with every meal. Plenty of space to eat. Obviously popular with people living locally.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

clams were dark indicating oil was old and that is why we picked the restaurant. Dark, not very inviting.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Be prepared for a wait when you come here. Leave your car if your local as the lot is small. We waited about 40 minutes for our table, but had two seats at the bar. The bar tenders were quick and friendly. When we were seated, the waitress was impatient and kept asking me to repeat myself. Regardless, the food was good, and all the other staff were nice.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I went here last night with my parents because it was a Wednesday and we all

wanted the restaurant special of the day which is seafood pie. Seafood pie is lobster,

crab, and shrimp with breadcrunbs on top and it was delicious. We all ordered it and

loved it. It comes with 2 sides. I got broccoli and corn. I had Italian fish stew as an

appetizer.

Our waitress, Sally did a great job. I asked her if seafood pie is the most

popular of the weekly specials. She said it was the second most popular. The

Tueday fried clam special is the most popular.

We sat in our favorite room, the green room. It has a glass roof over it and is much

more pleasant then the rest of the restaurant which is nuch more plain. Request it

when you enter or make your reservation. I love The Village and hope to return soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Very good food especially the lobster Mac n cheese. They were busy but service was good. We made a reservation earlier in the day and I am glad we did because there was a lot of people waiting to get in when we got there. I would definitely recommend this place.