“A wonderful meal.”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I went here last night with my parents because it was a Wednesday and we all

wanted the restaurant special of the day which is seafood pie. Seafood pie is lobster,

crab, and shrimp with breadcrunbs on top and it was delicious. We all ordered it and

loved it. It comes with 2 sides. I got broccoli and corn. I had Italian fish stew as an

appetizer.

Our waitress, Sally did a great job. I asked her if seafood pie is the most

popular of the weekly specials. She said it was the second most popular. The

Tueday fried clam special is the most popular.

We sat in our favorite room, the green room. It has a glass roof over it and is much

more pleasant then the rest of the restaurant which is nuch more plain. Request it

when you enter or make your reservation. I love The Village and hope to return soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Very good food especially the lobster Mac n cheese. They were busy but service was good. We made a reservation earlier in the day and I am glad we did because there was a lot of people waiting to get in when we got there. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I recently went here with my mother who had been there before and enjoyed the seafood. There are 3 sizes of their homemade clam chowder which is chock full of clams. For my main course I had baked haddock and scallops with baked potato and vegetables. The environment is warm and cozy and the staff are helpful and friendly. There is plenty of seating in several different rooms. I will be definitely going back with my husband in the near future!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The steamers are excellent and more readily available than other restaurants in the area. The Indian Pudding is the best around.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We stopped here after a whale watch in Gloucester for lunch. The place is very classic in a 1950s-1960s family restaurant sort of way. Clean, well kept; good service.

The clam chowder was very good (rich without being too thick and packed with clams); our friends had the shrimp cocktail, which was also good. My husband and I split an appetizer of the fried clams, since Essex is the birthplace of said dish. I am not a huge fried clam fan but these were so light and tender I would order them again. My haddock was very good; husband's burger was huge and done as requested for a change...friend's steamed clams were delicious. Her husband said he wished he had gotten the burger, as the swordfish kebabs were a tad dry for him, but all in all, a very pleasant lunch...and the coconut cream pie was a great ending.