“Excellent seafood restaurant ”
Review of Village Restaurant

Village Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Essex
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I recently went here with my mother who had been there before and enjoyed the seafood. There are 3 sizes of their homemade clam chowder which is chock full of clams. For my main course I had baked haddock and scallops with baked potato and vegetables. The environment is warm and cozy and the staff are helpful and friendly. There is plenty of seating in several different rooms. I will be definitely going back with my husband in the near future!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The steamers are excellent and more readily available than other restaurants in the area. The Indian Pudding is the best around.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We stopped here after a whale watch in Gloucester for lunch. The place is very classic in a 1950s-1960s family restaurant sort of way. Clean, well kept; good service.

The clam chowder was very good (rich without being too thick and packed with clams); our friends had the shrimp cocktail, which was also good. My husband and I split an appetizer of the fried clams, since Essex is the birthplace of said dish. I am not a huge fried clam fan but these were so light and tender I would order them again. My haddock was very good; husband's burger was huge and done as requested for a change...friend's steamed clams were delicious. Her husband said he wished he had gotten the burger, as the swordfish kebabs were a tad dry for him, but all in all, a very pleasant lunch...and the coconut cream pie was a great ending.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The food here was delicious! I had the haddock, yummy. This definitely seems like a place the locals hangout and not touristy; I like that it keeps the prices reasonable. If you sit at the bar, Joe the bartender will keep you entertained.

1  Thank Deborah J
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We were looking for some fresh seafood and asked some local folks, this was top on there list. We dropped in after a locale ent without a reservation and were happy to find no waiting if we wanted a patio seat. An August evening was just right outside.
The staff was great , full of local info, the food delicious and the price very fair. Come and enjoy New England seafood at its finest.

1  Thank O7191TVstevenb