All reviews continental breakfast mini quiches front porch fourth floor martha's vineyard yogurt cozy queen free bikes perfect location rocking chairs people watching within walking distance breakfast area art galleries flights of stairs no elevator oats
Reviewed 25 October 2018

Audrey, Wes, Darren and many others gave excellent customer service. Our second visit to the Vineyard Square. One of our favorite places to stay and visit.

We are Stan and Mary Lou from Santa Fe, New Mexico

Room tip: We were in 921
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jack M, Owner at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Stan & Mary Lour - everyone loved having you back. Thanks for your kind words. Our recent refresh of the hotel has gotten many compliments. And our staff is second to none. We look forward to seeing you again/ PS - we love Sante Fe, too.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed a week of island magic at the Vineyard Square Hotel and Suites. I can’t say enough about the staff! Kimberly brought my bags to my room and told me about all the best restaurants. The manager Wes, talked with me during breakfast (the most amazing continental breakfast I’ve ever had) to see if there was anything I needed. Evelyn always greeted me enthusiastically and asked how I slept. The house man, Dominic was busy attending to breakfast plates and luggage with a smile. Even the maintenance men, Earl and Jim took time to chat with me. Housekeeping staff were in and out of my room while I ate breakfast or shopped downtown. They greeted me with big smiles in the hallways. Rita asked if I needed anything at all. My room was always clean and well stocked. It’s hard to believe this building is over 100 years old. Very well- maintained!

Jennet at the front desk was so polite and professional. Everyone was just so happy to be there and genuinely cared about my experience.

The location is perfect! I could walk everywhere I needed to go. My room had two windows I could open to get a wonderful breeze through and hear the wind rustle through the trees. It is so beautiful and relaxing at the Vineyard Square Hotel. A spa on-site made it easy for me to get a massage. A big porch with rocking chairs was a great place to sit and read with a cup of tea. They even have bikes you can take for a ride!

My first trip to the East coast is so memorable thanks to all the staff at Vineyard Square Hotel and Suites!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Westcoastwanderer365
Jack M, Owner at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear West Coast Wanders - We are thrilled you enjoyed our central location, our hospitality, and the locally-sourced, complimentary breakfast in season. And we hope you were also able to enjoy our complimentary bikes, beach equipment (towels, umbrellas, etc), afternoon homemade cookies and tea, and our amazing rocking chairs overlooking beautiful Edgartown. We do have the best staff, location, and service on the island ! Thanks for recognizing them.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

We stayed here for two nights as part of our New England tour and despite the weather, found it to be a fabulous hotel, great location, and best of all the staff were amazing, very simple but complimentary breakfast/coffee. would love to come back one day.

Room tip: book well in advance
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are so glad you enjoyed the Vineyard Square Hotel -- the get-away-central on Martha's Vineyard. This is the quintessential New England town and we are right in the middle of it all. Thanks for your kind recommendation.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

We had a wonderful relaxing weekend at Vineyard Square. Good restaurants within walking distance. Staff was very helpful. Our weekend package included dinner and spa services. All were easily arranged at check in.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jack M, Owner at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Fall on the Vineyard is beyond delightful. We are so glad you took advantage of one of our specials and enjoyed our great central location, accommodating staff, and relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in October 2018. While rooms were expensive they were very tired and not particularly clean. The carpet was dirty and frayed, the electrical outlet by the bed had been pushed into he wall and was partially exposed and the bed and other furniture had seen better days. They know there are limited options in Edgartown (and the hotel is in a very good location) and high demand this time of year and certainly take advantage of that. I would have no issue paying the hotel's rates if only the rooms were commensurate with what they charge. Staff was nice. Best part of the hotel were the porch and rocking chairs.

1  Thank AFrequentTraveler44
Jack M, Owner at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

We just refreshed the entire hotel - including new carpets throughout the hotel - so we are sure that during your next visit you will be quite pleased with the new look. We are very sorry you found some issues with the hotel but are glad you enjoyed our central location (better than any other), our front porch opening up to everything Edgartown, and our complimentary locally-sourced breakfast in season. The fall is an awesome time of year to visit the Vineyard.