All reviews stop shop continental breakfast pancake machine downtown edgartown martha's vineyard no elevator attached restaurant nice clean rooms business center two queen beds first floor off season supermarket island clog printer pillows
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel in March 2018. This is a basic property with no frills. What made our stay such fun was Tilmon on the front desk! From arrival we had non-stop comedy and laughs. Tilmon was helpful and keen to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. The hotel rooms are basic and so is breakfast, with cardboard crockery and plastic cutlery being a step too basic! But nevertheless we had a real laugh trying to spread cold, hard butter with bendy plastic knives! A hotel critic would no doubt score the Clarion very low, but we found the place to be comfortable and good fun. Housekeeping ladies were friendly & attentive. Well done Tilmon & team!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dockeppers
michaeln693, General Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear dockeepers:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are fortunate to have an excellent staff and thank you for the kind words and your business.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I would never stay at this hotel again if visiting Martha’s Vineyard. I paid $150 (off season price) for a hotel equivalent to a highway motel. The entire interior had a very unpleasant smell. The room was not sanitary at all. My comforter had several chunks of dried food and stains. The bathroom floor had several areas of grime. I wiped away any area to stand but I just didn’t even want to touch anything in the room after knowing how the room was never cleaned. I will stay at somewhere worthy of the beautiful Martha’s Vineyard location next time.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Mainelover15

Dear Traveler:

I am very sorry to hear about your stay. I can assure you that we take these comments seriously and I can assure you that your experience is not or normal operating procedures.

If you do have a chance please call me directly at the hotel so that we can discuss further.

Again I do apologize.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Tilmon was the friendliest hotel employee I have ever encountered. His bright and cheerful additude brightened up everyones evening and put a smile on my face. This was my first trip to the island and I have had a very positive experience staying at the Marion Inn. The complimentary breakfast was great and very handy for having for a quick bite to eat before heading out. My coworkers and I had a great visit overall and will definitely be coming back to this hotel on our next visit. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality Tilmon!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
michaeln693, General Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your review and your comments regarding Tilmon.

It is a pleasure to read a review such as this. I can also assure you that Tilmon will be receiving special recognition for a job well done.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Tilmon was at the front desk when we arrived in the evening and was very helpful and personable. He chatted with us for a while when we checked in, gave us some dinner recommendations, and even told some historical facts about Martha’s Vineyard. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Many thanks to Tilmon!

Dear dorigus488:

How nice to read a review like this. Thank you for your business and for your comments regarding our new desk agent Tilmon.

Our employees receive special recognition at the end of each month based on guest service. The recognition is in the form of a bonus. Timon does a wonderful job for us and will be receiving a bonus.

We look forward to your return.

General Manager.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first trip to Martha’s Vineyard and my first time at the Clarion Inn also. Tilmon welcomed me and my coworkers with such kindness. He is definitely a people person and I’m glad I had someone like him to start off my stay with his joy and sweet conversations.

1  Thank Sarah E

Dear Sarah E:

i am so pleased that your first trip to Martha's Vineyard was pleasant.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. And thank you for your business.

Tilmon will be recognized for a job well done.