“Great seafood spot”

Captain Jack's Roadside Shack
Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in Easthampton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Great seafood place, particularly for the area. Fish & chips and lobster rolls are great. Fries and cole slow are excellent. Great service sizes. Check it out!

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Finding a good seafood shack this far inland is quite remarkable! Our first time, today, my wife and I had fried whole belly clams and onion rings. Both were superb. The onion rings were as thin as angel hair pasta and cooked to perfection. The clams were the best we have had not in sight of the ocean. The portions are generous. If you don't have a linebacker's appetite, one order of "just clams" might be enough. One order of onion rings will feed a platoon.

For future reference, I asked what type of fish they use for their fish and chips. The answer: fresh George's Bank Pollack. I would prefer Halibut, but this is a modest establishment. Along with scallops and lobster, they have burgers, dogs and chicken for those who are seafood challenged.

We got their freshly brewed and wisely unsweetened tea. You've got to love a modest rough hewn place that offers San Pelligrino and Poland Spring water.

The "to stay" order comes out on pretty basic disposable containers and with very flimsy plastic ware and industrial grade napkins. No matter. The edibles are terrific.

There are plenty of picnic tables, and a good proportion of the business is take out. Much of the transactions are for cash, but according to their Facebook Page they take Visa and Mastercard. The prices are not cheap, but the quality is there. We will be back.

1  Thank ulysses4
Reviewed 23 September 2016

How fun to have such a gem of a "fast food" joint so close to home. My wife and I have stopped in several times and have never come away disappointed. The basic burger is fabulous, the hot dogs creative enough, and the fish tacos & fish and chips heavenly. On two lunch visits this summer, we tried two items new to us.

We enjoyed Lobster Rolls for lunch one Saturday. They will set you back $20. Each. Don't hesitate. Order it and eat it. You won't regret it. best Lobstah Roll evah! This week we thought we'd try boring old chicken. We enjoyed the grilled Chicken & Brie sandwich. Wow! Fresh roll, tender, flavorful chicken breast, a fair amount of brie, and lightly balsamic-dressed greens. Did I say wow?!?

Everything we have ever ordered here is spectacular. Can I please, please give Captain Jack's SSIIXX Stars? Highly recommended.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Drove by it a month ago while in the area for work but couldn't stop (from south jersey). Then passed it again Friday afternoon and we stopped because it looked so cool. It was about 1 pm and was packed. The guy behind the counter wasn't the friendliest but he fit the place great. To use their bathroom you got to walk through the kitchen so you get to see them prepare the food.
The customers ranged from suits to working class.
I got the fish and chips the amount of fish were outstanding battered and fried just right, the fries were darker and cooked just right. I saw people with the lobster roll, they looked outstanding, loved it if I pass by again I'm stopping again. Connor pass it up you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We'd heard good things and decided to give it a try. Since it was hot out we opted to do take out as opposed to eating at their picnic tables. There was a wait for our orders to be taken and lobster and chowder were sold out. We ordered scallop dinners which come with fries (very well done and dark) and coleslaw. We had a side order of onion rings. Also fish tacos which are loaded with tangy slaw. All the fish tasted very fresh and overall we enjoyed everything.