“Great beachfront location in a very nice house.”

Review of 5 Captain Crocker

Bedroom with 2 twin beds
Bedroom with 1 full and 1 twin bed
Bedroom with Queen bed
Bathroom
View of cottage as you arrive
Views from deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
LindyLou2...
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Great beachfront location in a very nice house.”
Reviewed 16 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015

This was my very first trip to Cape Cod and I went in the off-season, the week before Memorial Day. I stayed in this really nice property right on Cape Cod Bay. At night, when it was very clear, I could see all the way from Plymouth around to the lighthouse at Provincetown. It was a terrific place from which to travel to and explore all parts of the Cape. And a great place for a good night's sleep and some drop-dead sunsets.

Dinner on the deck was a true delight with the sound of waves and gulls as company. If you want some peace and quiet, you can't go wrong here. The kitchen was recently remodeled, except the refrigerator. It really could use a new refrigerator. Other than that, the kitchen is nicely furnished with all the dishes, pots and pans you need.

The living room looks right out onto the sea, both through the picture window and through the storm door. What a wonderful, relaxing place to be. The bedrooms weren't huge, but they are adequately sized since I didn't really spend much waking time in them! And there is one bath - not big, but enough room. You do need to bring your own towels and bed linens or arrange to have them delivered. Since I drove up to the Cape, I didn't find that to be a problem.

I've seen some reviews that suggest there aren't many tv channels. I didn't find that to be true at all. To the contrary the tv channels were plentiful. All sorts of ESPN, Hallmark, broadcast networks, geography channels, history, movies and news. It was more than adequate especially for a vacation house! In addition, the wi-fi service was A-1.

The exterior needs painting, but then, I know it's right on the water and took a beating over the winter. Besides, I wasn't buying the place!

The dining table sits right in the picture window and is a lovely place from which to see the sea. I loved having breakfast there in the morning when it was a bit windy and then taking my coffee out to the deck to enjoy the breeze.

The only entrances, both front and rear, do have lots of stairs so this is not a good property if stairs are a problem. Also, the stairs to the beach had been destroyed in a storm. In order to get down to the beach, I had to walk down the street and use the neighborhood stairs. That was a bit inconvenient and the main reason I nearly gave this only 4 stars.

The people at Sand Dollar were wonderful to deal with - accommodating, never tiring of answering my many (possibly stupid) questions. They gave me suggestions on restaurants and places to see in Sandwich.

I would love to go back to this property and would definitely want to be located in East Sandwich again. This is a delightful property in a delightful area. I only hope the stairs are back in!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and location!
Liked least: The missing stairs, the refrigerator and the arm chair.
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
CT
Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Ma
Reviewed 20 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

NJ
Reviewed 21 March 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Older travelers
Maryland
Reviewed 20 March 2012 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing