“Felt right at home”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Folcroft, Pennsylvania
“Felt right at home”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this lovely inn in early September 2011. My daughter was getting married and we wanted to be nearby the wedding venue. We had a cozy room with a canopy bed, and a view of the colorful garden outside our bedroom window. It also had a HUGE walk in closet that came in quite handy because of all the stuff we brought for the wedding, and a small fridge that we used to keep our wine cold. Outside of our room, was a beautifully decorated living room and adjacent smaller room that had a grand piano. When entering the building from the outside, we would walk through these 2 rooms to get to our room. In the smaller room with the piano, was a piece of furniture that had a glass decantur and a few small glasses so you could help yourself to a complimentary "nite-cap" if you so desired. The inn-keepers Liz and Ian were very friendly and knowledgable about the area, chatting us up during breakfast, and providing us with maps, suggestions and directions. The last two days there, we enjoyed our breakfast outside on the patio, at a table shaded by a big umbrella. Ian walked around talking to all his guests. Breakfast was simply prepared, fresh and very good. To top it all off, we were delighted when we arrived back at the inn one day to hear Liz playing some classical music on the piano. We even bought one of her CD'S before we left so that we could "take the memories with us". I would highly recommend this Inn and will definitely go back. The area is beautiful, but we didn't get a chance to check out the nearby beaches because we were only there for a few days and had much to do for the wedding. We had an awesome dinner at "The Barley Neck Inn" which was nearby, as well as a fun night at the The Lost Dog Pub, and a delicious "wedding rehearsal dinner" at the Ocean Grille Restaurant. My only complaint ( if you want to call it that) is that I thought the pillows on our bed seemed a little hard. I am use to sleeping on a feather pillow so I did notice a big difference when I slept on theirs. Next time, I will bring my own.

Room Tip: If you like a HUGE walk in closet, ask for the "Cedar" room. It also has a view of the gar...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Eastern Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We've been visiting Cape Cod off-season for many years, and the Parsonage Inn has become our favorite place to stay. Liz and Ian provide warm hospitality in an historic house, beautifully maintained. It's a quick drive to Nauset Beach, or into the town of Orleans with its numerous dining choices; a short walk to one excellent restaurant. Liz prepares a delicious breakfast, and Ian can provide information on just about any topic of interest to Cape visitors.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deltanine
North Salem, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I had to make a quick trip with my 89 year old Mother for a memorial service in East Orleans.
Having stayed at The Parsonage Inn last year with my husband, I knew it would be the perfect spot to take my her for our quick overnight. We felt so welcomed and comfortable, like being home. That evening when we arrived back at the Inn, some other guests were enjoying their books by a cheerful fire. It was nice to sit and chat with them for a few minutes before retiring to "The Loft", which we loved! Thanks again Liz and Ian, my Mother was so pleased!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Ian and Elizabeth could not have been more helpful to a single traveller, even taking me
down to the car rental store. They combined their excellent service to a foreign visitor with a discretion in all aspects of our interaction. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Talk to Ian and Elizabeth about your needs and group composition. My room was gorgeous.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Ian and Liz were wonderful hosts. My accommodation were comfortable in a beautifully put together "efficiency". Breakfasts were cozy and very enjoyable. The Parsonage Inn in East Orleans were perfectly located for biking on the rail trail, going to "the beach" or just taking a drive to P-Town. I did it all over a most enjoyable weekend 11/11/11. I will visit again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Nauset House Inn
#2 of 5 in East Orleans
7.4 km away
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to The Parsonage Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK