This was the end of a bike tour we did down the Cape. The Inn was very clean. Breakfast was wonderful with homemade goodies (unlike the other B&B's we stayed at along the way). Peter was very personable and kind. He even took us to the bus station when we had no transportation to get there. The only problem we had was we had to turn our bikes in and could not get to town for dinner. We sent our husbands on a bike ride (before the bikes were picked up) and they brought back food for dinner. We sat in the breakfast room, ate dinner, played games, had the room all to ourselves. They have a wonderful gas firepit in the court yard where everyone gather to drink wine or beverage of choice. I highly recommend the Ship's Knees Inn if you need a place to stay in the area. It was a short walking distance to the beach. The grounds were immaculate. Rooms are well equipped. Our only problem was it was too far from anywhere to eat to walk and Orleans doesn't have taxi's (well any we could afford). Thank you to the Ship's Knee's family for a very enjoyable stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warmth and charm of a 190 year-old restored Sea Captain's home, just 1/4 mile up the hill from the world famous Nauset Beach. 17 individually appointed rooms, 15 with private bath, and 1 or 2 bedroom fully equipped ocean view "Captain's Quarter's" guest apartment. Our newest accommodation (2010) the "Nauset Suite" has a king bed, private bath and private entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Ship's Knees Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ship`s Knees Hotel East Orleans
- Ship's Knees Inn East Orleans, MA, United States