“talk about variety and such helpful employees”

Buckie's Bakery Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Dennis Port
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Great selection of food and drinks (coffee, tea, etc)
It gets busy especially on Sat and Sun but worth the wait

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Went here in hopes of getting a good scone. We ended up ordering breakfast sandwiches too which kept us there for 40 minutes. It was very unorganized, the sandwiches were not great, and the scones were not the right texture at all. Probably won't go back again.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We are daily visitors to Buckie's while on vacation. Their coffee, iced tea and chocolate croissants are the best. They also have sandwiches and yogurt when we want some protein.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We popped in here for some lunch on our way through. Shabby looking tables and chairs but it seemed quite busy so we stayed. We ordered a wrap, 2 grilled cheese sandwiches for our vegetarian children and a multigrain bagel. When the order came, both sandwiches had chicken in them and the bagel was sesame and stale. We returned the sandwiches ( we got on with the bagel) and the woman said she would sort. We were then given the same sandwiches with most, but not all of the chicken picked out from them. At this point we asked for a refund for the 2 sandwiches and left. Really not good and we won't be back.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We just went today to Buckie's for lunch. We were using the laundromat across the street, so we were hoping to grab a quick lunch so we chose Buckie's.

Ordered a greek salad, a panini that has ham, havarti, pickles, onions, and honey mustard, and for my picky son two slices of white bread with american cheese inside (note even toasted - simple as can be). Those 3 meals plus a cup of milk and a smoothie came to just over $31. They were out of focacia for the panini, so I changed it to marble bread instead.

After waiting 20 minutes, we were informed they were out of greek dressing - what kind would we like instead? Hm. Okay. Italian.

After 25 minutes of waiting, a large party of 6 that had walked in after us had already been served and were halfway through their meals.

After 30 minutes of waiting, I went up to the counter and caught the attention of a woman who seemed to be in charge and asked her how much longer - we had been waiting 30 minutes and other parties had been served before us. She told me that they had someone new in the kitchen and meals ALWAYS come out in the order the tickets arrive. Um. No. But whatever. So she went to check.

Eventually she came back with our tray of food. The plain bread and cheese had been grilled - fine - he was hungry, he will eat it. I carried it over to our spot, and we started eating. The salad had no dressing. And my sandwich was literally ham and cheese between the end pieces of marble bread on a panini grill. No pickles, onions, mustard. Oh, and it was cold.

SO...... after 45 minutes of our time, we had one smoothie that was delicious. And three meals that were all wrong, which caused it to feel very overpriced.

I understand having new help in the kitchen. Then perhaps the manager needs to be back there supervising. I understand that stuff happens. I worked in food service and retail. So I also understand that when you keep your customer waiting that long and the food comes out wrong, you should say sorry and try to fix the problem.

Since they didn't say sorry, I hope they fix the problem.

If you HAVE to eat here, stick to what's available in the refrigerator for grab and go. And the pastries looked fantastic. My son wanted a cupcake, but there was no way I am going to give them another dime. They already got too much of my money and time today.

2  Thank CapeCodders2