“Great dinner”

Red Nun Bar & Grill
Ranked #12 of 49 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Grill
Reviewed 24 July 2018

This restaurant is in a great location on Main Street. We went on Wed. nite at about 6:30pm and were lucky to find a parking space in front of the restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised as we were seated right away. We ordered the nachos and they were delicious. The portion was very large and we shared. I had a special of the nite which was tortellini and shrimp. It was delicious and arrived at the table piping hot. My husband had fish tacos and my son had the fish and chips (great fries!). They really enjoyed both dishes. They serve a very generous glass of house wine for only $6 - such a great price. The service was very professional. We really enjoyed this restaurant and will absolutely go back during our next visit to the Cape.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for a weekday lunch as we are so glad we did. The clam chowder was excellent and well-seasoned. My husband loved his fish tacos, but the star of the show were the fried oysters. They were huge, fresh and perfectly cooked. They could be the best I’ve ever had. The waitress was great and was super apologetic after making a small mistake. We will be visiting this restaurant again!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Great fish tacos! Nice beer selection including many local brews. Different feel than the Chatham location.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

A simple fried cod sandwich which was wonderfully prepared and cooked. Very lightly battered and so moist. GREAT onion rings.
I hope they have a fried cod meal as I'll want to have more of that cod on my next visit.
Go early in the summer (5 pm) and no crowds.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

We've been here a number of times; overall it is a limited menu but what they do, they do well. The burgers are always a favorite, and our vegetarian daughter confirmed the veggie burger was good too. You can choose one of their selections or build your own. Warning: the Fire and Ice is HOT! Other items are also good; I've enjoyed the kale salad. The beer options are good, serving craft brews in addition to more mainstream offerings. We especially appreciate the attention to local beer, Devil's Purse Brewing Co.

I prefer my burger to have a regular bun, so I'm not a fan of the oversized English muffin, which doesn't hold up to the hefty burger (8 oz.). Truffle fries are a $2 upcharge and not worth it. While we love truffle fries, you don't get many and we've had better in other places.

However, we definitely can recommend the Red Nun.