“Very good pudding !”

Red Nun Bar & Grill
Ranked #12 of 49 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Grill
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Another road trip find, popped in for supper on a Wednesday night. At first sight we thought the pub lacked atmosphere but inside it was a hustling bar and restaurant. I had fish and chips and my husband had a wild boar burger. Both were very nice. We had pumpkin cheesecake for pudding and it was delicious! We had three beers and three non alcoholic drinks and it came to $70+ dollars plus tips almost $100 so quite expensive we thought but a nice evening was had and we left with full bellies and a bit more knowledgeable with a trivia quiz going on in the background.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

We very much enjoyed our meal at Red Nun last weekend. The atmosphere was great- very open and not cramped. We only had to wait a few minutes for a table, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

The menu isn't huge but there are plenty of choices. I loved the pulled pork sandwich, and one dining companion really liked the fish & chips. The other two dining companions had burgers. One very much enjoyed hers, but the other burger was overcooked (he had asked how rare it could be made and was told "oh, we make them rare," but the burger came well done... quite odd.) The only other issue I ran into was the server telling me that I could eat the fries because they weren't frying any shellfish that day, as they had run out of lobster- she didn't know that clams are shellfish, as well. I had studied the menu and knew that the clams were there, and ordered cole slaw instead. That was fine- with a shellfish allergy, I'm quite used to this- but the wait staff should not be stating that a fryer is safe when it might not be.

Overall, though, we loved this place, and will definitely go back!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Watched Brady at PATS against BROWNS comeback there - enjoyed the atmosphere. Very good burgers and a lot of beers to chose from. Typical sports bar - lot of screens!

Reviewed 12 October 2016

This is a fun place with terrific food, a great selection of beers, and excellent service. Need I say more!

Reviewed 12 October 2016

The Red Nun is a very nice place to go for a quick sandwich or appetizer and has parking available either in the front or the back.