“Poor experience at La Scala.... Poor customer service”

La Scala Restaurante
Ranked #22 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Purchased a $50 restaurant.com certificate for use with a $100 dinner with family. Forgot to present this at beginning of meal...my mistake. Meal was just o.k...nothing special. Waitress told us they no longer accept these coupons. Manager/owner came by to let us know there was a sign posted about this --- but it was on back of door which was secured such that sign was not visible. She finally agreed, begrudgingly, to give us $25 for the certificate - which was what we had paid for it. I told her we wouldn't come back to the restaurant, but she didn't seem to care. Noted on the menu that it was cash only - rather unusual for a dining establishment of this type in this area. Waitress then returned with the revised receipt....after deducting the $25 and adding a 20% tip....apparently because they accepted the certificate. Just very poor customer relations.

4  Thank Lindar529629

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Just want to let everyone know this is a very unique restaurant . Small and quaint but the is unbelievable. From the homemade bread to the egg and chicken parm. My husband had the seafood fra diavlo. He said it was one of the best he ever had. Comfortable and quiet and they also had keno which is a plus for us because that's the reason we went in the first place. Next time we'll go for the delicious food and great service. The only thing is I wish they served a little later. But the food Is cooked to order and it does take a little extra time but well worth it. The bartender was also great and gave us many tips. Can't wait to go back.

2  Thank lorraine e
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Easily one of the best meals EVER! The Pesto with grilled chicken was fabulous! This place is off the beaten path but you should definitely seek it out. You won't regret it.

1  Thank David F
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My first time there. Comfortable, LOCAL restaurant. Well priced menu for Cape Cod. I would not call this a "touristy" place...many locals go here.

I had the fresh garden salad and the delicious 4 cheese ravioli in a sweet tomato sauce...enough to take home for a second meal / reasonable pricing. Others in our party had the "made in house" Manicotti...also got excellent reviews.

Returned another day just for drinks at the bar...Billy the bartender was fantastic..very personable and had some good local info. I recommend this place and I look forward to my return to try other plates on the menu.

www.lascalaoncapecod.com

1  Thank LeonaMass
Reviewed 31 July 2014

GREAT food, GREAT service, especially the great bartender, I think his name was Billy? Go just here, you will be happy that you did...