“Fresh Seafood, Great Value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Swan River Seafood
Ranked #17 of 46 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 19
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Narberth, Pennsylvania
“Fresh Seafood, Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My family and I visited Swan River Restaurant in June while vacationing on the Cape. We were looking for a restaurant with outdoor dining with a view and fresh seafood. We tried Swan River. The view was spectacular. We were seated outside on the deck at a nice table. I had the Teriyaki glazed Pan seared Tuna which was served on a bed of greens. It was cooked properly and tasted great. My husband had the Lobster Mac and Cheese which had chunks of Lobster in it and a very rich sauce. My daughter had the Asian Salmon Salad, and my son had the blackened Sword. The dinners were great. Portions were good size and all of the dinners came with a salad. We had the chocolate silk pie and key lime pie for dessert. They were homemade and delicious.
We will return on next trip to the Cape.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Louis S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Worcester
“Tourist trap...avoid!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Super long wait, horrible service and terrible food. Maybe people from far away would like this because they don't know any better...only explanation I can come up with for the positive reviews. Our order was screwed up after waiting forever. Steamers were drenched in sand (and we know steamers)...after complaining to the manager they refused to do anything or adjust our bill. Talked to "native" Cape Codders about our experience and they laughed at the fact we were sucked into this tourist trap. Mediocre (at best) food and long waits..yuck..

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank luckyl72002
Patrick B, Manager at Swan River Seafood, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
I apologize that your experience at our restaurant did not live up to your expectations and the standards that my staff and I pride ourselves in attaining. At Swan River, we value our customers and want them to enjoy the Cape Cod atmosphere, great food, and service that our restaurant provides. When one of our customers has a poor experience we personally feel responsible and we take your concerns seriously. We would love the opportunity to serve you again with our assurance of a better experience. I would like to extend an invitation to come back next summer so we can do a much better job and turn you into a patron of Swan River.

Sincerely
Patrick Burns
Cape Cod MA
“Really old time Cape Cod atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Good fish and a typical lobster place for the Cape in an area of summer rentals. I don't think they're open after October. ... haven't redecorated since the 60's.

Orchard Park, New York
“Best Seafood @ Swan River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I would suggest you try the broiled seafood platter, included is Cod, Salmon, Swordfish, Scallops, Shrimp and side dish with a garden salad. It was by far the best meal I had out of any of the restaurants we tried on our stay. Place is right on the water and when it's high tide you have a remarkable water view. Price wise, it was fair. I also enjoyed a local beer as I had my dinner. Overall I would return in a heartbeat.

• Visited September 2011
long island, ny
“Nice surprise, don't judge by the outside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

It doesn't look like anything special from the outside but this place was great! Terrific food and service and a great view of Swan River. Very reasonable.

• Visited September 2011