All reviews continental breakfast private beach cape cod red seaweed deck door off season nantucket sound pancakes and french toast sound of the waves room was spacious open windows every morning sea street beach short drive microwave cereal wedding
Reviewed 22 July 2017

My wife and 15 yo daughter and I stayed 3 nights mid-week. We were able to book the 2 room suite which has a living area with sofa bed/kitchenette/bathroom and a separate bedroom with king bed/private bath. Only the living room had ocean/pool view, so we slept in the sofa bed and the daughter had the king room. The view from the living room was spectacular, we were on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool and Atlantic. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable, we stacked the sofa cushions on the mattress to survive. The living room also had door access to a private deck with same spectacular pool/ocean view. Unfortunately neither room had AC and it was a hot week. Even with the deck door and all windows open, we were quite uncomfortable. The other downside to no AC was the noise from other units through the open windows.

Fridge was nice, it had a real freezer on top which kept ice and ice-cream hard.

The outdoor pool was large and very clean. Not heated, but plenty warm in mid-July. Pool furniture was well kept and plenty for guest use.

The private beach was a real positive, easy access though there were stairs to climb. Very small wave action so safe for young swimmers. A bit of red seaweed to walk through on a couple of days. The third day had no seaweed. Sand was fine to slightly coarse, just fine for laying out on a towel.

Free breakfast was served in the level below the main lobby. It appeared to be recently updated with new flooring and paint and 2 large LCD TVs and nice tables/chairs. The food served: eggs (powder did not eat), pancakes and french toast (these were real, cooked in the back and brought out to buffet), bacon, sausage, some sweet pastries, cereal/milk, bagels/sliced bread, coffee and orange juice. Would have been nice to have some fruit and yogurt. Staff was very attentive to the food, excellent job. There is a little cafe on the adjacent Sea Street Beach which served a quick and inexpensive breakfast and lunch on the go.

One other miss was no tennis court or workout area though it was featured on website booking.com. We are avid tennis players and found public courts at the nearby high school. Really missed not having the workout facility, please bring it back.

The location in Dennis Port is central to a lot of what the Cape offers. Hyannis and Harwich are 10-15 minute drives. Provincetown is 60 minutes. Not much to do in Dennis Port. We biked along Old Wharf Rd in either direction from the hotel which had nice ocean/marsh views in spots.

Room tip: 2nd floor had best views. Rooms directly facing ocean may have stronger breeze to cool rooms (no AC)
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We loved the location of this property. It is right on the water, has a fantastic view, and a pool. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. This is an older establishment with a motel feel. We got a great deal, so we were in the Courthouse, not the main building, which has renovated rooms. Our room was clean, had plenty of towels, and a comfortable bed. For the money we paid, we couldn't stay anywhere else on the water. The hotel is right next to Sea Street Beach and a great little beach cafe.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Angel41818
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

After reading other reviews I was not expecting too much. As I drove into the parking lot I was very impressed. The grounds were beautiful. A wedding had taken place the day before and what a beautiful view and location. I was greeted at the front desk and was allowed to enjoy the grounds until the room was ready. The lobby was modern and comforting. The unheated pool was beautiful and overlooks the ocean. Walked down a few stairs and you are on the ocean. The water was warm but contains that red seaweed found along the area beaches. Our room was ready at noon and it was full view of the pool and ocean. The room was large and had tons of storage. The carpets were stained but overall it is a motel and better than others I have stayed at. The ocean breeze flows through the room and no sign of a musty smell. With 3 of us with allergies we had no problems. When evening came my wife asked me to plug in the lamp near the microwave. I reset the GFI plug and plugged in the lamp. BANG POP sparks and fire shot out of the outlet. My wife asked me if I was ok. I looked at my hand that was totally black. The shock only burnt one finger. In the morning I brought the desk staff the light with the burnt plug and explained what happened. The man at the desk said he would check out the plug and replace the light. Never got the new light. Moving on we had a fantastic time enjoying the ocean and every morning included a full hot breakfast buffet.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Although the waterfront property is beautiful, this inn could use some improvement. I stayed in a ground level room, and the door to the balcony did not lock. Although I felt safe, it was definitely a shortfall. Also, there are NO amenities in the room, no coffee makes, no AC, cheap bars of soap. On the plus side, the view is gorgeous and you can hear the waves crashing all through the long, hot night.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We walked into the Pelham house resort over Memorial Day weekend looking to make a reservation for a weekend in June . When asking about availability for the weekend of July 1/2, we were met by a women behind the counter who gave us a blank state telling us that she thought there was no availability that weekend . Mind you, she didn't even look on the computer to see if this was indeed the case . Shortly afterwards another man walked by and we asked again . He logged into the computer and found a room available for us . Before booking we asked the cancellation policy . They said 14 days notice. Ok ... we booked . Unfortunately we had to cancel . They charged us 20 dollar cancellation fee!!!!! No one told us of this when we WERE THERE ASKING! Poor poor poor . We should have been informed when we were asking what the policy was . Not happy at all. This should be refunded without question . Not pleased

4  Thank Pjdifiore