All reviews indoor pool hot tub cape cod next year toaster oven private beach family vacation stainless steel appliances full size appliances across the street sitting area two queen beds lounge chairs beach toys full kitchen second floor up to date
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an edited review of Corsair and Cross Rip. My original contained some incorrect information and I wanted to correct that after it was brought to my attention. The location is perfect to use as a base for exploring Cape Cod. It was great to return to the property each afternoon for beach and pool time. The access to the beach is great and what a lovely view of the water and beach from the property by the pool area. We spent hours sitting in the provided beach loungers and at a table under an umbrella having cocktails and playing cards with a wonderful view of the ocean each day so that was great. The daily breakfast is good and I cannot say enough about how nicely we were treated by the staff and owner/manager. We felt so welcome and as though they all really cared about our experience. This was a much better experience than we ever get from any chain hotel.
Here are my cautions for choosing your room, so that you can have the best possible experience here. Be aware that as this is not a cookie cutter chain hotel so make sure you truly understand what you are getting. If you call the hotel instead of booking through a travel site, they will gladly help you pick the best room for you. Since I don't typically care about having an ocean view from in my room, I went for the cheaper option and I was a little disappointed even though I thought I had done good research. The room was very narrow and crowded and definitely can use some upgrading. I don't mind small, but this was more the set up and darkness and cramped feeling. Also, if you do not want to hear people walking around above you, book a second floor room. From other reviews on here, it appears like the level of satisfaction definitely depends on the type of room so choose wisely so you can get the most out of this great property and their hospitality.

Stayed: September 2018
corsair41ChaseAve, Owner at Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Mrs. Lappist,
Thank you for you honest and descriptive review. It's really appreciated. As we talked on the phone it's all about meeting or exceeding expectations. When you book something online and it isn't what you thought it would be it only leads to disappointment. We encourage people to call, even if they book online, so we can make sure they are in the room that fits them best. Thank you also for the nice comments on staff, facilities and overall ambience. Those comments are also very much appreciated. Hope to have you back next year so we can fit you in the right accommodations for you. A gift certificate is on it's way to enjoy the next one on us. All my best, Mark

Reviewed 8 September 2018

My family of four (2 adults and 2 young kids) visited Corsair and Cross Rip over Labor Day weekend. We loved it. The staff was very friendly, kind and helpful to both us and our kids. The resort is steps from a beautiful private beach. Each morning a staff member would clean the beach and set up chairs/umbrellas. There was a small resort bar that served food/drinks poolside and on the beach. The drinks were great (and tasted even better sitting in a hot jacuzzi!). We used all three pools (2 outdoor and one indoor) and the two Jacuzzis. Our second floor room was large and clean. We had a a kitchenette with full sized appliances in our room and were pleasantly surprised that is was stocked with essentials (plates, knives, forks, glasses etc). We had two queen beds and a pull out couch. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were soft. The bathroom was very clean and updated. It had a jet tub. The housekeeping was great too. There are many fun places that are a short drive to visit for food and activities near this resort. Parking at the hotel was never an issue either. We felt safe and respected during out visit. We do plan to go back!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

would definitely stay here again if we go back! dennis port is a perfect central place to stay in on cape cod. Close drive to everything. This hotel was right on the beach, waiter-a available to take orders and serve food on beach if desired. Beautiful place, very safe. Thanks!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We spent four days at the Corsair with family to celebrate my birthday. We booked two rooms (two adults and two kids in one; two adults and one child in the other) just a few doors away from each other. It worked out really well.
We arrived early but the people at the front desk were extremely accommodating. We checked in, got our parking permits, walked up the street for lunch, and got the call that our rooms were ready while we were still eating.
Our rooms were spacious with two queen beds, nightstand with clock and phone; dresser with flat screen TV and a few books for reading; a sitting area with couch, table and chairs; balcony (with Adirondack chairs and small table); a kitchenette with full size refrigerator, stove, sink, coffee pot, toaster oven, and cabinets filled with kitchenware; and bathroom. Everything was clean and functional.
We were just a few steps from the pool and the beach. Unfortunately, the weather did not co-operate and, during our entire stay, we never saw the sun nor temps above 70. We picked the only cold, rainy days of the entire summer! LOL Despite the weather, we really enjoyed the area and the Corsair.
We hope to go back again some day.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Corsair and it was amazing! Our room had 2 queens and a pull out couch. It also had a little but, very functional kitchen and a great bathroom. The pool was right outside of our room and the beach was just a couple of steps away. The kitchen had a full oven/stove and a full sized refrigerator. The only thing that bothered me slightly about the kitchen was that there was barely any counter space. Everything else about the Corsair was amazing and it was a great place to spend my vacation with my family.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
corsair41ChaseAve, Owner at Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for staying with us and all the nice things you said. The staff and I appreciate it. It's what keeps us going in the busy summer months! Thank you also for the constructive comment on the kitchen counter top space. Funny but the first time someone said anything about this was just a couple of weeks ago after we have had them in place for a decade. Unfortunately the 3 foot counter space was about all we could eek out between the full size fridge and full size stove without taking up valuable living space. The hotel rooms are good size but they don't have the space a condo would have for a kitchen. Hopefully the convenience of having it outweighs the inconvenience of it's size.
Thank you again for choosing to spend your valuable vacation time with us. Hope to see you all back soon. Best, Mark (Downey)