Deerfield Inn
US$ 92
US$ 70
US$ 166
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 192/night.

All reviewscarriage housenew englandhistoric townmain buildinga lovely staybreakfast was deliciousenjoyed our staylovely roomrooms are spaciousyankee candleannextavernfireplacemassachusettsweddingaccommodationsfurnishings
Reviewed 13 August 2011

disappointing property...tired decor and basic bathrooms. our room was above what we think was the air conditioning unit for the building. very loud for being in a sleepy little village. the town was worth the detour however but easily visited in a couple of hours so no need for the stopover. if you need to stay overnight, go to Northampton.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Daphneanne, Manager at Deerfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

So sorry you didn't like your room - you requested a traditional queen and many guests request that room for the light from four windows. The mirror and bureau are antiques (inn 126 years old), so perhaps 'shabby', but carpet, upholstery, curtains, flat screen, curved shower rail, all new in the past year. Sorry to disappoint, but glad you could use your complimentary museum pass to see some of the homes here.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

I was recently passing through Deerfield in route to Connecticut. I happened to stop in at the Inn bar for a drink. After wandering around ten or so minutes being ignored(unnoticed) I was told by a small woman that it was in between shifts and I started to walk out. In the hall as I was leaving I was greeted with a big smile and hello from a tall gentleman. He noticed I was holding a bottle of pills and asked me If he could get me some water. He walked me to the bar and unlocked it. He gave me a glass of ice water. And excused himself ,saying he needed to clock in. When he returned he placed a bowl of snack mix in front of me. And was so cordial I stayed and had a perfectly made Cosmopolitan.and ended up having a bite to eat: all of which were suggested by this bartender. All I wanted was a drink of water and I got an experience worth coming back for. I frequently take this drive and from now on I'm going to take a detour to the Inn. I wish could remember his name. You can't miss him tall, bald and classy Trust me he alone is worth the trip. Food was also wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Daphneanne, Owner at Deerfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

We are so glad that Brian could help you with a glass of water. We have an incentive program for staff who shine, so he will definitely be in pool for the bi-annual prize! Sorry you wandered unnoticed for ten minutes - perhaps the woman at the front desk was putting out tea for our guests? We look forward to seeing you here again. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Beautiful room in a beautiful building. Found in the heart of old Deerfield you could visit all the old buildings which were right outside the door. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful although the staff in the restaurant could have been friendlier. Overall a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
Daphneanne, Owner at Deerfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to the inn and Old Deerfield. We are so lucky to have all those old homes open to the public and this unspoiled New England village to live in, and are glad we could share it with you. All the best

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Happily we spent two nights in this lovely Inn. We were able to explore the surrounding area, even meeting a tiny-mini-pony called Tonka, and I spent a happy morning touring around a couple of the open houses and the local museum. It's a smashing part of the world, not to be missed. We had two interconnecting rooms in the Old Carriage Barn - we were thrilled when we walked in - both rooms were huge, lovely decor, felt very fresh, we had an enormous bathroom with heaps of fluffy white towels, along with our gi-normous king sized bed. Good sized TV/DVD player (with free DVD's being loaned out which the teen-kids took advantage of). Just outside our door was a hot drinks machine and the ice machine. Fortunately I was not overly disturbed by that, and we used the machine each morning for tea and coffee (a rather nifty pod system that was easy to use). The people in the room above ours did get up rather early on the Sunday morning (6.30am) and were heavy footed, which was a bit of a shame, but spurred us to get up and not waste time. We ate both nights in the restaurant and thorough enjoyed the food, the lovely waiting staff, it was super. We spent some time at the bar before-hand chatting to the utterly charming bar staff, Brian one night and then Jen the next, they were both knowledgeable, entertaining and a joy to have met, they made our stay even more special, we probably drank far too much because we wanted to stay longer and chat with them. Free wifi, which is always much appreciated (why do big hotels always charge?), even ice water ready and waiting for you, lots of little toiletries. Really this place is perfect, simply couldn't fault it. Didn't want to leave, and do want to come back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for such a lovely and long review of your stay with us. We hope you will get your wish and stay longer on your next visit. All good wishes!

Reviewed 18 July 2011

I am back from a perfect weekend stay at the Deerfield Inn. The place was great and Jane (owner) was so helpful to me with planning activities for my wife's birthday. She even left hand drawn maps so we could get to some off the road attractions since she was not going to be around, and they extremely accurate. Everyone was very friendly and we are glad we chose to stay here.

Room Tip: solid shower pressure, tv with dvd player, ac with digital controls
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Daphneanne, Owner at Deerfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Thank you so much! We are all so glad that you had a happy time. I now know that "lay-by" is not an American word!