Open today: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed 13 October 2018
beachbumbq
St. Thomas
via mobile

All reviews diverse collection wonderful addition new england owner scott cape cod parking lot curator seascape openings collector purchase
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I was told by my friends that if I had a chance I should visit the Chapman Art Gallery. I am so glad I listened to their advice. I first spotted the Pumpkin display on the most beautiful green lawn I have ever seen. As I pulled into the parking lot the yard art and easels filled with paintings took my breath away. I knew then my friends were right by suggesting to visit the gallery in this gem of a town called Cotuit. When I entered the gallery I was greeted by a young gentleman named Marc. He told me a brief summary on how to navigate the gallery and about the exhibition that was on Display. He then let my wife and I freely navigate the gallery on our own. I had a few question about an artist and Marc’s knowledge about my questions were endepth. My wife and I collected two pieces that day and they hang proudly in our home. I can only say You Must Visit !! The Chapman Art Gallery while on cape cod.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

As a student of art and long time resident of cape cod, I have frequented all of the galleries locally but have also spent time in museums around the world (Louvre, MOMA, etc). I have to say that this gallery is exemplary; among the best considering its market, scope and size. It is certainly the best on cape cod. I particularly appreciate the variety of styles, sizes, prices and artists. One would be hard pressed not to find something interesting and inviting. The owner, Mr. Chapman, is a serious and talented Curator who understands how to satisfy his market with spot on product. I highly recommend a visit. Brian Q.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The owner of this gallery, Scott Chapman, went above and beyond to help me select the right local artist to paint a New England seascape that truly honored my late mother’s life. His attention to detail is top notch, and his selection of local artist Christie Velesig was perfect.

Scott invited me to his latest art show to meet with Christie and pick up my painting. When I first saw it, I can honestly say it took my breath away. I was delighted to meet Christie and speak with her about my painting. The party was a great place to meet other artists and view their work.

Another huge plus for me is that Scott welcomed my dog into the gallery and made my boy feel right at home. All in all, it was an afternoon I will always cherish thanks to Scott and Christie. Five stars for sure! If you’re an art lover, this is a wonderful place to visit. I highly recommend a trip to this art gallery if you are spending time on Cape Cod.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting friends in the area when we stumbled into this absolute gem of a gallery! Brimming with beautiful beachscapes, spectacular still life pieces and so many more genres, this gallery features well-known local Cape Cod artists as well as many stunning surprises from other regions and countries! Owner Scott Chapman presides with his witty and welcoming vibe and, if not busy, will give you a private tour complete with insightful and always entertaining anecdotes about each piece and artist! With so many remarkable and ofttimes whimsical works to delight, you’ll be hard-pressed not to walk out with a brand-new treasure to either add to an already sparkling collection or remembrance of a very trip to the Cape!

2  Thank Fran W
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Chapman Art Gallery has a great variety of artists. The work displayed is a beautiful and well balanced blend of mediums and subject matter. The gallery itself is spacious and gives each viewer a comfortable and well lit environment to enjoy their time among the art. Highly recommend a visit. Conveniently located and plenty of parking.

1  Thank Jill8713