2,030 results
All reviews chatham bars sacred cod spa suite cottage room the cottages the main dining room the main hotel off season beach house grill clambake cape cod lobster beautiful resort car service steam shower ocean view new england
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

The accommodations were beautiful and customer service was excellent. They anticipated your needs prior to having to make any requests. We had a wonderful weekend. The resort was decorated beautifully for the holidays and it was a wonderful way to start the season with friends. We would definitely return to the Chatham Barr’s Inn

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank traveltips156
Mariya K, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for the excellent review! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience and we hope for the chance to welcome you back someday soon. Thank you for your business and your kind recommendation.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Courteous staff greets you as you arrive at the beautiful inn. The lobby is quaint with it’s adjoining Veranda and Sacred Cod restaurant. Check in was handled perfectly by Henri. We stayed in an oceanfront cottage at Mooncusser Cottages on the property; the grounds and planting’s are impeccable with hydrangea and hostas that are in perfect condition. Four Adirondack type chairs are outside of the cottage from which you can hear the sounds of the sea and the seals on the Chatham Bar. The first evening was perfect on the beautiful Veranda Sacred Cod overlooking the sea and grounds. The cottage is perfectly appointed with great amenities including top notch bedding, TVs and Bose sound. Yenny our service maid kept our cottage filled with products and beautifully cleaned. The gym is excellent with Peleton cycles and free weights. The beach experience is tops and matches experiences in Miami and Longboat Key: the wait team including Daniel,Msgenty, and Nikoleta made our times on the beach awesome. The boat ride over to the Bar reserve with the seals is a must; go early in the morning to take advantage of it’s beautiful setting.Returning to our cleaned cottage by Alexandra made the day’s end always splendid. The Inn is an easy walk to the quaint and Cape Cod’s amazing town of Chatham. There are numerous restaurants and shops in town. A nine hole links course adjoins the Inn. Every morning after our workout, a quick trip to the lobby for coffee was accented by the great smiles and welcoming valet team. Walking from the lobby to the beachfront cottages is incredible. This is an incredible haven for a very special experience. Even the melancholy of checking out to return home was tempered by the most helpful Faith. One final note, the concierge was spot on suggesting the Freedom Ferry from Harwich for the day trip to Nantucket.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank RNA123

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to recommend us and tell us about your experience! We hope to welcome you back someday soon and we appreciate your compliments.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We had a great time at the Chatham Bars Inn. My son absolutely loved the pool and we spent fair amount there. My daughter preferred hot tub as it was breezy. Still such a great place. Now summary of good and not so good.

Good: lovely setting, cottages are beautiful. When we arrived we learned that people who were staying in our room had a 4 pm check out! Lucky them. But it meant we would not get into our room until after 5 thus, missing the check in time of 4. To solve the issue the receptionist put us in a temporary room so we could change and head for the pool. We were in 434 room and it was well maintained. The view is beautiful. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in. Good mattress. The maid arranged kids stuffed animals in a cute way every time she cleaned. Everything worked. Pool was the best. Excellent for kids and adults. Lobster roll was the bomb.

Not so good: paper thin walls so they may want to provide earplugs as I had hard time falling asleep by hearing a conversation in the next room; felt like I was there with two ladies catching up.

This is the place where a lot of students from other parts of the world come for summer of Work&Travel. I came myself like this to the US almost 20 years ago. The cultural differences in hospitality are very different and I think hotel and Chatham as a whole could do some orientation on how to provide hospitality services in US. Plus these are just 19 and 20 year olds from other countries most of whom know nothing about good customer service. I recall being constantly reminded to be more upbeat and now I see Eastern European students talking quietly, head held down, not making an eye contact, not making a small talk, just like I did. Very task oriented and not customer.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, Nina! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to welcome you back someday soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

A few weeks ago, I got my mother a room for her birthday at a discounted rate, which was amazing. I booked her a beautiful spa suite so she could have immediate access to the spa and the spa pool. She said the staff was very polite and attentive to her needs. Inevitably, I got the bill and was absolutely furious when I found out that there was over two hundred dollars worth of fees that I had no prior knowledge of. I called the hotel and asked what the deal was and they told me that I agreed to these extra fees when I made the reservation. I looked back over all the information regarding my reservation and nothing in the fine print stated I would be charged an extra two hundred and fifty dollars in fees. Also, I should mention that I personally talked with the reservations manager, who told me a completely different price for a three-day-two-night stay and told me ALL the fees were already factored into said price. I tried to get in touch with the assistant director of rooms to talk about this problem via email, but it's been almost two weeks since I sent the email and I have yet to hear any response from them. I would not recommend staying here because they might try to pull a fast one on you

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank mbudden97
Mariya K, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and we would love to speak with you directly. Please reach us at welcome@chathambarsinn.com. We apologize again and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in a cottage. We arrived just before 4, and our room was not ready. They could not tell us when it would be - the manager, Elizabeth Kennedy was wonderful, she took us to the restaurant and we had some appetizers as we waited. We got in around 515 to the room/cottage. The cottages are outdated, for the price, chipped bits and pieces, fridge held up with a towel. Not what you would expect for the price.
We ordered in that night as we were late, food was disappointing.

Breakfast was in the stars restaurant, super food, great service and really lovely views (see photo). We took the boat to the beach, and the captain and staff were just lovely. We saw the seals and the beach is gorgeous.
We spent a day by the pool and service was excellent. Pool is gorgeous, well laid out and food was superb. We ate in the bar that night and food was lovely - flatbreads recommended!
We left the next day - and were allowed a late check out. I do really want to compliment Elizabeth Kennedy as she went out of her way to make sure we were ok.

All told, a super time. Place is stunning, gardens manicured, little rabbits... my son loved it. Just not sure it’s worth the steep price for two nights!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank CaroleIrl

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back someday in the future. We appreciate your business and your feedback.